• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Mourinho has won trophies everywhere, barmy to consider him not a great manager. There are huge problems at United and Mourinho still won things there. Rodgers has turned a Leicester team staring down the barrel of relegation under Puel to Champions League contenders, that's no mean feat.

I think Nuno is certainly in a the top bracket of managers but he hasn't got their records yet. I have no doubt he will do at some point but not yet.

To be fair, anyone not Puel would've turned the club around to a fair extent.

It would be churlish to suggest Rodgers isn't doing a good job, but all he's really done is enabled a good squad to play to their strengths. Perez is the only player who wasn't there when he arrived. He deserves credit for it, but I think any competent manager would have done the same

Some of those I agree with, but Fergie was good everywhere. So was Shankly. So has Klopp been - he was excellent at both Mainz and Dortmund.

I said there was no guarantee that managers would have had the same success elsewhere or that level of success

And I disagree. Herbert Chapman won three league titles with Huddersfield. It wasn’t perfect fit with Arsenal, but more simply the bloke was a genius.

Ferguson had Aberdeen beating Real Madrid FFS. Fucking Aberdeen!

Mourinho was excellent at Porto before he pitched up here with Chelsea. That Champions League triumph was incredible.

I agree with you about perfect fit for Cullis and us. I would probably add Bill Nicholson at Spurs and Howard Kendall at Everton to your list.

Sacchi at Milan.

One of the best club teams ever (albeit they couldn't play that way now with different offside/backpass laws).

Bobbins anywhere after that, only Baggio saved him in 1994 as Italy were dreck, and thereafter didn't have anything good.

Trap was comedy value at Bayern :icon_lol:

Ranting away in a language he could barely speak. Did win the league once though.

What a complete load of utter fucking bollocks. Hopefully the Arsenal Board lap it up and stay well away from a better manager than they can dream of at the moment.

Fuck Arsenal. Those "values" didn't extend to turning down an unearned promotion.

Fuck the Arsenal was on the docket tonight. Expect a rather more emphatic rendition on Sunday if this continues to hang over the club.

It doesn't. There is more chance of me shagging (insert gorgeous female film star that makes you all jealous) than there is of nuno going to the Emirates.

So damn true. Never been relegated from a division they should never have been in in the first place.

So many of them happy to trot out the never relegated thing, but have no idea how they actually got to the top flight.

There's nowt hanging over us as far as I'm concerned, Nuno won't leave a club with a really good team to go somewhere where they have a pair of good strikers (one of whom hasn't been in form for a while) and nothing else.

Arsenal doesn't concern me, they are performing at the level their squad suggests they should. Size of club etc is in their favour but ultimately I don't think Nuno would be interested in a complete rebuild.

Spurs would have bothered me if they'd had an interest as they were an underperforming side that just needed a change of direction. The squad is broadly there, full backs aside

Back