• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Turns out Timmy II is quite a decent journo. WHO KNEW?!?!?!

I wish he would drop the old E&S habits though such as using "understand". Personal preference but using that when he is trying to say he has some inside knowledge annoys me...apart from that, he was clearly being held back by the E&S

It beats today’s E&S story talking to an ex physio on how Raul will travel back from international duty.

Slightly OT, but there’s a fantastic article on the Athletic (partly) about Steve Howey today.

Tim will be furious when he realises Kenny has copied his entire article and chucked it up on here for free. FURIOUS I tell you.

(Cheers Stu)

Tim will be furious when he realises Kenny has copied his entire article and chucked it up on here for free. FURIOUS I tell you.

(Cheers Stu)

I am helping the Athletic get subscribers...

(xx)

Does anyone know if the Wolves away shirts will come back into stock? Was going to get the old man one for Xmas.

We normally get re-stocked towards the end of November for the Christmas sales, so wuld expect the same this year

https://sport.iquii.com/pdf/EUROPEAN_FOOTBALL_CLUB_IQUIISPORT_NOV_2019.pdf

Think a few people might've looked at the last one of these that came out? At least, I got the link from here :icon_smile:

All relatively meaningless but it does seem to indicate the club's social media prescence is continuing to grow at a steady pace. We're miles off the 'big 6' and the like (as you might expect) but we're growing when a lot of clubs are stagnant, so it at least goes along with the team and results on the pitch moving in the right direction.

Though I wonder how many followers we'd lose if Raul left...

Turns out Timmy II is quite a decent journo. WHO KNEW?!?!?!

I've got to say that the content from Joe Edwards and Rosie Swarbrick isn't anywhere near what Spiers did.

That said, Spiers was rubbish but then seemed to get his act together when he got a Mrs. Most of what latter day Spiers said i agreed with, the early stuff - not so much so maybe Edwards & Swarbrick will get better.

Edwards does come across as painfully immature though.

Swarbrick is doing okay. New city, new club, so with time hopefully it will pick up. Edwards is awful though.

Listened to the latest Old Gold Club with Paul Butler. One of the best in terms of stories and nuggets of information, although some of them felt a bit 'after dinner' in their embellishment.
Interesting bits for me were:

Under Lee the players didn't have any respect and just took the piss

The players all knew Albion were going to overtake them and felt powerless to stop them. Jones was going to change the formation, but decided 442 had got them that far so stayed with it

Jones wouldn't play Muscat at Norwich in the play offs because of history with them. Alluded to it being the wrong decision because Halle was shit and cost us a goal

Confirmed Jones had told him the list of names we've heard before on who was lined up to come in the Summer of 03 before SJH pulled the plug Fowler, James, Sinclair, Mills. Players knew what we had wasn't good enough. As an aside I've never understood the James link here, but we do know we tried to sign Kameni so maybe it's true.

Irwin wasn't going to come back, but did when he was told he'd have a limited role and be more of an experienced head. Luzhny was supposed to be replacing him, but each week trained and got an 'injury' on the Friday

Ince dropped Mills in the tunnel at Boro away after he got Rae sent off, but Butler got fined for it.

Felt Moxey did him over leading to him leaving...that one's a common theme.

The Fowler and James links are bollocks :icon_lol:

Fowler hadn't even been at City for six months. Keegan loved him, had staked his job on him and he was still on his mental Leeds contract.

James was by then the England first choice keeper. Balls was he joining us at that point.

DJ used to lie quite a lot so I'll say Butler has been taken in by him.

Plus we had a totally fit Matt Murray until Blackburn away on the first day of the season.

Back