• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I think that more changes to the team on a regular basis hasn’t helped either, we had such a settled 11 last year and now due to the extra games we are making 3/4 changes each time.

France Football have launched the Yashin Award this year for the world's best keeper. Bit disappointing Rui isn't on the shortlist.

Kepa, Onana (what's my name) and Szczesny are all on there and there is no chance I'd swap him for any of them.

Willy Boly out with fractured ankle for who knows how long, assuming hes back by New Year, 11 premier league matches and 3 europa league matches missed. Almost 1/3 of the season, I think hes our third best player behind Raul and Mou and possibly joint most important one with them. Definitely most underrated. I am very worried, Bennett is still recovering and I dont wanna see Jesus again... if we go donk-coady-saiss at the back for now we have zero depth in midfield and forces us to play 3-4-3 with neves and mou which doesnt work. I hate to say it, but barring some miracle any hopes of a top 6/7 finish again this year are gone. Assuming we get out of the group stage in the EL, we have to knuckle down and win the thing when Boly comes back.

Willy Boly out with fractured ankle for who knows how long, assuming hes back by New Year, 11 premier league matches and 3 europa league matches missed. Almost 1/3 of the season, I think hes our third best player behind Raul and Mou and possibly joint most important one with them. Definitely most underrated. I am very worried, Bennett is still recovering and I dont wanna see Jesus again... if we go donk-coady-saiss at the back for now we have zero depth in midfield and forces us to play 3-4-3 with neves and mou which doesnt work. I hate to say it, but barring some miracle any hopes of a top 6/7 finish again this year are gone. Assuming we get out of the group stage in the EL, we have to knuckle down and win the thing when Boly comes back.

You may turn out to be right, but imo it won't be as bad as that, I'm interested to see how we cope rather than cacking my pants, I'd already written off finishing top 6......relax, its gunna be fun

Good job our players have more backbone than you.

Its not a matter of backbone, its a matter of quality and bodies, we have neither at the moment. Unless you somehow think Kilman is going to play like costacurta because boly is out and saiss will play both defender and midfielder at the same time. Every time boly is out we are fucking terrible at the back, I think you underestimate how good he is

Monstrum, you obviously haven't read the unwritten forum rule that you have to react nonchalantly and 'positively' to everything Wolves-related like the cool kids do.

Having said that, blows like Boly's injury is exactly how players sometimes get into a team; I wouldn't necessarily say either Jesus or Maximilian are going to slot in as Boly clones, but one of them could grasp this opportunity and step up to fill the gap. A lot to ask, and I agree that I'd prefer backup that inspired more confidence, but there could be a silver lining

We need to get you two a ballotelli style T-shirt.

I don't think anybody underestimates how good he is. Personally I don't think we'll see Donck at the back, but midfield which appreciate means either Kilman or Vallejo starting. Bennett will be back next weekend so it's only today and Wednesday when the likes of those two would have played anyway that we are really short. Can't argue with us missing his presence in the Chelsea game, but last season without him in the PL we did win without him - West Ham is a game which springs to mind

We need to get you two a ballotelli style T-shirt.

No thanks. What you all really 'need' to do is resist the urge to obsessively jump on people with a different view of things, that's all

Maybe you need to resist the urge to obsessively jump on any kind of bad news like it's the end of the world.

No thanks. What you all really 'need' to do is resist the urge to obsessively jump on people with a different view of things, that's all

I don’t think anyone does, I studiously ignored you accusing me of gaslighting for example.

In general you just seem to take it very personally when people disagree with your opinion, usually in a fairly polite manner.

Maybe you need to resist the urge to obsessively jump on any kind of bad news like it's the end of the world.

Show me where I've done this about Boly.

I'll save you the time. I've actually done the opposite. Too much obsession with the poster and not what they're actually saying around here

This - you can either curl up and wave the white flag, or face it and try to make the best of the situation.

I don’t think anyone does, I studiously ignored you accusing me of gaslighting for example.

In general you just seem to take it very personally when people disagree with your opinion, usually in a fairly polite manner.

Polite like Johnny75 last week?? Come on.

I've actually had few negative interactions on here, a bit of goalpost changing and intransigence from senior posters, but nothing too serious.

What I have noticed, and reacted to, is the low level arrogance and hostility on almost every thread towards posters who don't have a glass half full view of everything that happens, and, most tellingly, don't have several thousand posts to their name. Trust me, it's a thing.

Oh look, another 10,000+ poster smells blood and gaslighting :icon_smile:

I've never noticed hostility towards me from others on here,even from the well known antagonists,I'm mentioning no names but his initials are Johnny75, it may be because I don't post on the football/line up/ match day posts due to not having an encyclopaedic football knowledge,or my posts are so dull people just ignore them

What I don’t agree with is people having a glass completely full attitude with only half a glass of water.

Back