• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Oh look, another 10,000+ poster smells blood and gaslighting :icon_smile:
I'll reply to your post although the points below aren't necessarily directed at you.

I think it is true that posts are treated differently to how they would be if everybodys name was anonymous. However that also fails to appreciate posting history and repetitive arguments.

Variations on 'our Summer recruitment was shit' and 'the squad isn't large enough' sprinkled with some hyperbole like 'you dont appreciate how good Boly is' are going to get jumped on because the first two have been said so many times before and the outlandish kickers detract from any point being made.

Fwiw I have sympathy for both points, we didn't improve one position in our first 11 over the Summer when at least rcb should have been relatively simple to do - it's clear already that the player we tried to do that with isn't fit for purpose and as he's only on loan never will be. The jury is still out on Cutrone and I think will remain so until he plays instead of rather than as well as Raul. Neto and Jordao were always signings for the longer term, although we've already seen a lot more of the former than I expected.

On a personal level I don't feel the squad is large enough, but what I understand which others seem to choose not to, is that this is Nuno's choice, it's what he wants and he's earnt the right to be trusted and get that.

So apart from the hyperbolic elements it's not the message that's the problem as such - it's the repetition and the fact there is bugger all we can do about it, so concentrate on what our options and solutions are rather than subtly adjusting what you've said numerous times before.

What I don’t agree with is people having a glass completely full attitude with only half a glass of water.

The thing is, for 29 or so years, I saw mostly shite Wolves teams.

For the last 2 and a bit, we've had a brilliant team.

So I choose to focus on the positive right now. If we get things wrong I do say so, I don't agree with everything we do. But you can't argue with the results. Give me another team who've won every single one of their first five away European games.

We go 6th if we win today remember, and it's hardly out of the question that we do.

The thing is, for 29 or so years, I saw mostly shite Wolves teams.

For the last 2 and a bit, we've had a brilliant team.

So I choose to focus on the positive right now. If we get things wrong I do say so, I don't agree with everything we do. But you can't argue with the results. Give me another team who've won every single one of their first five away European games.

We go 6th if we win today remember, and it's hardly out of the question that we do.

Absolutely. But the “newcastle are shit, we will smash them”, “it doesn’t matter who plays they are shit”, “Steve Bruce is a dinosaur, so it will be easy” is annoying. Particularly when someone posting with a more reserved thought process is then considered to be incorrect.

We are in a league where anyone can beat anyone. I think If we play 3-4-3 we will win regardless of who plays. I also think if Boly was fit and we played 3-5-2 we’d struggle. If we play 3-5-2 with a weak defence then a loss isn’t beyond comprehension.

Boly shouldn’t make too much difference today. Dominate the ball, pin them back with our forward players, make space for Doc.

If people think they're getting treated badly on here, you want to see some of the shit I get on Twitter :icon_lol:

I don't care, it's my opinion, I like to think I articulate it pretty well, if people want to disagree then that is their prerogative (obviously I think they're wrong - of course I do, that's how differing opinions work).

I just don't get the endless pessimism. Enjoy this, you never know when it'll end.

You think it's bad on here, I'm BULLIED at the Royal London.

I dont think stating we are going to struggle for two months due to missing a key player is negative. I dont see recruitment policies mentioned anywhere. Nor do I see anything wrong with speicific criticism towards the club, if there should be some. Last time I checked it wasnt based in communist china, we are allowed an opinion.

You think it's bad on here, I'm BULLIED at the Royal London.

That's because you buy broccoli and strawberry flavoured beer(if I've got the right person,names and people were just a blur)

That's because you buy broccoli and strawberry flavoured beer(if I've got the right person,names and people were just a blur)

Oh God, that's not me. That's Darlo, Boozad and Aikiwolf who are into that shite.

It was dissapointing we did not bring more in the close season.

However we did bring in a central defender for cover. He has not yet settled in most players that come in to Nuno's team take a while to fit in.

We will miss Boly, Just as any team would miss their star defender
Utd - Maguire
Liverpool - Van Dijk
City are missing their one decent centre half.

Hopefully he will be back around Xmas he will be more missed againat tge big teams than against the lesser teams.

I'll reply to your post although the points below aren't necessarily directed at you.

I think it is true that posts are treated differently to how they would be if everybodys name was anonymous. However that also fails to appreciate posting history and repetitive arguments.

Variations on 'our Summer recruitment was shit' and 'the squad isn't large enough' sprinkled with some hyperbole like 'you dont appreciate how good Boly is' are going to get jumped on because the first two have been said so many times before and the outlandish kickers detract from any point being made.

Fwiw I have sympathy for both points, we didn't improve one position in our first 11 over the Summer when at least rcb should have been relatively simple to do - it's clear already that the player we tried to do that with isn't fit for purpose and as he's only on loan never will be. The jury is still out on Cutrone and I think will remain so until he plays instead of rather than as well as Raul. Neto and Jordao were always signings for the longer term, although we've already seen a lot more of the former than I expected.

On a personal level I don't feel the squad is large enough, but what I understand which others seem to choose not to, is that this is Nuno's choice, it's what he wants and he's earnt the right to be trusted and get that.

So apart from the hyperbolic elements it's not the message that's the problem as such - it's the repetition and the fact there is bugger all we can do about it, so concentrate on what our options and solutions are rather than subtly adjusting what you've said numerous times before.

This is a very sensible and balanced post and pretty much my view....I' m just not articulate enough to express it

Don't apologise to him for anything, he probably did something else wrong.

I'm low level hostile to everyone in every walk of life btw. Don't take it personally.

I never actually spoke to you DW,you were holding court,I didn't want to interrupt

Back