• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Don't know if the figures are right,but the government were asked for the extra £200 million to guarantee Thomas cooks safety,its now going to cost £600 million to get everybody home,largest peacetime repatriation of British citizens

Don't know if the figures are right,but the government were asked for the extra £200 million to guarantee Thomas cooks safety,its now going to cost £600 million to get everybody home,largest peacetime repatriation of British citizens

Won't that be paid for by ATOL?

200m would only cover temporary liquidity. TC were in a massive fucking hole, and were beyond saving.

https://twitter.com/Frances_Coppola/status/1175915321582075904

Knew they were in a financial hole,the shares flagged up a couple of months ago as basically worthless,didn't know the hole was that big though,looks like fosun dodged a bullet there tbh.
One of my mates daughters is a rep,she's in a right state,not just because she's lost her job,but because of all the abuse and physical threats she's been getting off holiday makers holding her personally responsible,and wanting it sorting now!

ATOL covers package holidays not flights booked separately

Well, yes, but I'd have thought it would be mostly package holidaymakers who'll need repatriating. And wouldn't travel insurance cover a carrier collapse for flights only? (No idea about that, tbh.)

Well, yes, but I'd have thought it would be mostly package holidaymakers who'll need repatriating. And wouldn't travel insurance cover a carrier collapse for flights only? (No idea about that, tbh.)

Quite a lot of travel insurance doesn’t cover carrier collapse, advice is to go through ATOL or credit cards, insurers will try and help once that’s done. Insurance through banks are more likely to cover though.

Knew they were in a financial hole,the shares flagged up a couple of months ago as basically worthless,didn't know the hole was that big though,looks like fosun dodged a bullet there tbh.
One of my mates daughters is a rep,she's in a right state,not just because she's lost her job,but because of all the abuse and physical threats she's been getting off holiday makers holding her personally responsible,and wanting it sorting now!

That’s just stupid, was she supposed to stump up the £200m? People can be real dicks under stress. Hope her side of it gets
Sorted quickly.

Happens all the time. I feel so sorry for poor train staff at a station whenever something is delayed. They aren't driving the train mate, leave them alone.

People are indeed dicks.

Quite a lot of travel insurance doesn’t cover carrier collapse, advice is to go through ATOL or credit cards, insurers will try and help once that’s done. Insurance through banks are more likely to cover though.

45%, apparently. My initial point, though, was in reply to the implication that the govt could have avoided spending £600m (on repatriation) by spending £200m on a bailout. After applying ATOL, credit cards and travel insurance, I don't think all that many will be resorting to consular handouts.

Even if the government bailed them out with £200m, the company was haemorrhaging money, and operating on borrowed finances any way. Was just a matter of time with them apparently, and then they'd have to pay out for repatriation again.

Look on the bright side, at least the other carriers are not hiking their prices in lieu of whats going on !!:mad:

Talksport reporting that Fosun have lost £1billion in the TC collapse.

It’s from the Heil. I would very much doubt it is that much. Plus it’s like you or me losing £100 even at that figure. Annoying but not disastrous

Like the way they reported it on talksport as wolves had lost £1billion.

Talksport are just utterly and completely full of shit. It gets worse by the day. Even I am finding it impossible to listen to now.

Back