• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

He wasn't very good generally on Monday (not awful though).

But he really is not as mediocre week on week as you say he is :icon_lol: If you ever trust me on one thing, trust me on this one.
Tbf I haven't said he's ineffective every week, I've said he is too often.

He generally doesn't do a lot wrong in any case, but it is frustrating to watch him have a relatively small impact in games when I think he should be stepping up. If that's down to his tactical role, then I'd certainly question if we aren't slightly misusing him.

I get where Alan is coming from. He hasn't been as influential a figure as he was in the Championship in how he made the team tick on a weekly basis.

But then again a slight drop off in his attacking play is to be expected at a higher level, yet his defensive work has markedly improved, because as mentioned he is being asked to provide more of a shield to the back four.

It'd be interesting to see a midfield three of Moutinho - Saiss - Neves, with Saiss being the sitter, just to see if Neves could be that playmaker once again.

Not sure which thread to put this on but I've now got FOUR months of Premier Sports @ £4/month after clicking cancel.

Fuck it, more or less the price of a pint these days, if I watch one game a month then it'll do between now and Christmas.

Not sure which thread to put this on but I've now got FOUR months of Premier Sports @ £4/month after clicking cancel.

Fuck it, more or less the price of a pint these days, if I watch one game a month then it'll do between now and Christmas.
My local charges £6.05 per pint..

Let's say you keep visiting me mate, eh. X

I get where Alan is coming from. He hasn't been as influential a figure as he was in the Championship in how he made the team tick on a weekly basis.

But then again a slight drop off in his attacking play is to be expected at a higher level, yet his defensive work has markedly improved, because as mentioned he is being asked to provide more of a shield to the back four.

It'd be interesting to see a midfield three of Moutinho - Saiss - Neves, with Saiss being the sitter, just to see if Neves could be that playmaker once again.

I would love to see that.

I don't see Saiss as a sitting midfielder though. He's best roaming around, breaking stuff up and winning the ball, like he did tonight. Doing what Ruben does for us is not really his game (I'm sure he could make a fist of it but it's not the best use of him. He's never really done that job for us since the days of Zenga, and he wasn't really very good most of the time).

Neves further forward...meh. He never gets in the box anyway so what would be the point.

He could combine with Moutinho more often and being shifted ever so slightly wider would likely give him more options for through balls on the ground.

I don't think Saiss needs to do what he did under Zenga and Lambert now, given we have Coady as a de facto sweeper behind him. I do like what Dendoncker brings to us with his late runs but I don't feel we lose a great deal if Ruben is camped on the edge of the area with the likes of Raul/Cutrone/Jota/Neto getting in to challenge for crosses.

EDIT: I can't decide if I love or loathe my new title.

You'll have to put up with the title,it'll get changed to something much worse if you moan

As long as it's in good faith, I've no issues!

After next week what will you even watch on there? Mind you, I bet you would watch anything with a football

After last night’s ‘performance’ I’m glad I stuck with cancelling it. Stream kept freezing and had to keep reloading the page, missed Jota’s goal through it. Got it back up and running as we were celebrating and caught the replays but still, second half was unwatchable for a good 15 minutes.

Just bought tickets for the return leg next Thursday - South Bank.

When can new members use their cards? Is it from September?

Just bought tickets for the return leg next Thursday - South Bank.

When can new members use their cards? Is it from September?

Think you can now mate, Torino was the first game I could upload to my card. Don't know whether it's different for members but I wouldn't have thought so.

They offered me card upload in the ticket office, but I went for print out as a memento

There wasnt the option for me. No biggie, just got print at home.

Back