• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

To be fair, mine was OK start to finish. I did have some trouble with the first Armenian game, but that disappeared when I switched the quality to Low. Didn't seem to affect the picture at all.

First half was fine, second half was fucked for the first 15/20 minutes. I don’t know why they put a high quality option on there either as it never loads.

Can hear Johnny popping the champagne from here:

Sporting director Kevin Thelwell has been appointed to the Wolves board, joining Jeff Shi, Sky Sun, John Gough and John Bowater.

Shi: “Kevin knows the club inside-out, its history and everything it stands for. We feel his appointment to the board is a natural progression."

From Tim II

So will he continue as DoF?

It does sound like getting on early and leaving the screen open was to my benefit then. Presumably everyone trying to get on in the minutes leading up to kickoff overwhelmed it but those already in were unaffected

I was signed in to the site over an hour before. Soon as we hit eight it kicked me off the website. I only g o t back in at half time.

Luckily I found an Italian feed for the first half.

It does sound like getting on early and leaving the screen open was to my benefit then. Presumably everyone trying to get on in the minutes leading up to kickoff overwhelmed it but those already in were unaffected

Yep downloaded at 7'45, opened a new tab to watch some 'gentlemens speciality interest' on another tab and when the voices started clicked back.
Apart from the Premier Sports Skybox about to go into standby mode (which confused the F out of me as I was watching Sky Sports news at the same time ) everything was fine.

This europe adventure has been brilliant for me, unable to go to the first 3 home games but managing to get to all the Europa home ties.

Im looking forward to the Torino fixture, this one really means something now.

What was his position, then?

He is the Sporting Director.

I guess the difference is - Newcastle have a DoF and he picks the players they sign, Bruce has very little input. See Joelinton for example, that deal was done before Brucey arrived.
Kevvy T can find the players or have them given to him by his scouting team/Uncle Jorge but if they are first teamers Nuno has the final say

He is the Sporting Director.

I guess the difference is - Newcastle have a DoF and he picks the players they sign, Bruce has very little input. See Joelinton for example, that deal was done before Brucey arrived.
Kevvy T can find the players or have them given to him by his scouting team/Uncle Jorge but if they are first teamers Nuno has the final say
Cheers, not an insignificant difference, then.

No, not massive but enough to keep things in check.
I think I like that setup, honestly. Taking recruitment completely out of the manager's hands is going to far, IMO.

How do you go from benitez to steve bruce to save 2m salary and then spend 40m on joelinton. Its beyond a parody at this point

How do you go from benitez to steve bruce to save 2m salary and then spend 40m on joelinton. Its beyond a parody at this point
You get Mike Ashley as your owner...

Big difference though is Rafa wanted to pick his signings, Bruce gives zero shits about it

That makes it worse if anything, benitez is a pretty good talent scout/judge and I doubt he was asking for a 200m budget.

Surely if its half time you will be fucking off rather than kicking off?

I'll be kicking off at all the burger vans between Molineux and Chapel Ash. By kicking off, I mean ordering anger food.

Back