• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Nice little trip down memory lane picturing each of these. Snagged this from reddit.

3xz4g4g1zsh31.jpg

Naughty, while I disagree with Alan, he never said Neves goal was 6/10....just the rest of his play for a year, which is of course rubbish imo

True, he didn’t. He never got near saying Neves’ goal was ‘ridiculously impressive’ either.

I've defended him more than some here but even I can admit that his play in the buildup to Raúl hitting the post is the best thing he's done for us by a huge margin. Just ridiculously impressive.

Running into someone? Quality :D

The Traore thread is locked so posting here - excellent sky sports article on him here

https://www.skysports.com/football/...lfil-his-huge-potential-as-a-wolves-wing-back

In truth, his delivery is far better than some would suggest, particularly remarkable given the speed at which he travels. Of the 130 Premier League players to have attempted 25 or more crosses from open play since the start of last season, only one finds a team-mate as often as Traore. Statistically, his crossing is twice as accurate as that of Kevin De Bruyne.

Of course, that's partly because Traore's dribbling skills put him in such good positions from which to deliver the ball. Even so, the list of Premier League regulars who have created a chance more regularly than Traore in that time is short. He's in good company too. There are only a dozen of them and they include De Bruyne, Eden Hazard and a couple of Silvas.

An overhit cross that our lwb stops going out for a throw would be 'successful' by that measure tbf

True, he didn’t. He never got near saying Neves’ goal was ‘ridiculously impressive’ either.
If you're going to start legislating my opinions based on everything I DON'T take the time to say, you're going to be quite busy.

Of course Ruben's goal was impressive. That goes pretty much without saying.

Ah you're right, I did explicitly say Neves' goal was unimpressive, how silly of me.

Ah you're right, I did explicitly say Neves' goal was unimpressive, how silly of me.

You said Neves is a 6/10 performer who doesn’t influence games (again, I’ll ask you if his contribution of a worldy equaliser only he is capable of was not influencing the game pretty significantly) yet get close to jizz levels of excited about one cross by Traore. And you still haven’t answered the question of what more do you want Neves to do?

It’s absolutely bizarre.

I want him to influence our possession more. Be a presence. At the moment I don't have a great deal of confidence in him completing his long passes or getting shots on target with much consistency. No, I don't expect him to hit a worldy every time he shoots. Yes, I expect him to do better than he normally does. His goal this weekend, good as it was, doesn't make up for what was otherwise a very ineffectual performance from him.

It absolutely does make up for his otherwise ineffectual performance. It's exactly what scoring a goal like that does!

He wasn't very good generally on Monday (not awful though).

But he really is not as mediocre week on week as you say he is :icon_lol: If you ever trust me on one thing, trust me on this one.

I think the reason some think he isn't as effective as he should be is down to the role he plays in the Premier, very much a defensive midfielder sitting in front of the CB's, plus setting up attacks with his range of short and long passes. Just doesn't get the time or opportunities he did in the Chump

I think the reason some think he isn't as effective as he should be is down to the role he plays in the Premier, very much a defensive midfielder sitting in front of the CB's, plus setting up attacks with his range of short and long passes. Just doesn't get the time or opportunities he did in the Chump

Exactly this. He is never going to look the same as he did in that Championship season because he is asked to play a different role now. He's adapted to it very well too.

I didn’t even notice him be that bad. Yeah he didn’t have a great game and gave the ball away a lot, but wouldn’t say he had a stinker. Certainly no more than anyone else. Doc had a stinker closely followed by Jota (first half)

He was mainly suffering from having no out ball and Utd pressing relentlessly.

Not sure how we can get him to influence the game much more when he basically plays CB when we have the ball and only gets in the final third on corners.

Seriously though he wasnt that bad on Monday, second half he improved, played some nice passes out to the wings to start our attack. Utd looked stretched when Traore ran at them and I think Ruben showed some good visions to release Traore into those spaces.

Honestly, we are so lucky to have him, we will grieve the day he leaves us.

His stock ball is the diagonal out to the right. We have seen it so many times.

That ball was not on as Doc was broken. He didn't play well anyway but it's no surprise that when we're effectively down to 10 (as Doc may as well not have been there, and that's not me having a go, he was obviously not right) that his game suffered.

To say he has been below par for a year is just utter rot, I'm sorry.

6/10 has gone international at Heathrow
f99fb66108f5d04fcf04b7bac1d2733f.jpg

Back