• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Bit late but any members here not going to either Torino (home) or Chelsea? One of my mates would like to go to a game so am in need of a number.

Fantastic start to the program.
The level of care / checks are amazing. They even measure the electrolyte losses of each individual player.
It's astonishing the level of professionalism fosun, and Nuno have introduced assists us in having a small squad.

Well that was worth watching.

Jeff Shi made it clear that Wolves as a club are a 'permanent asset' for Fosun, which means that investment will always be available to achieve our ambition to become a top club.

Well the answer to where was John Ruddy at the start of the tour as quickly given - The dozy fook did an Adama (or did Adama do a Ruddy)

It's a fascinating look at a side of the club we don't generally get to see.

The bemused looks the players had at the fashion show were classic.

Well the answer to where was John Ruddy at the start of the tour as quickly given - The dozy fook did an Adama (or did Adama do a Ruddy)

Did make me chuckle that he forgot his passport because he always strikes me as the most grown up and sensible of all the players. You’d have thought the club would do something to ensure everyone’s travel docs were in order though, given the attention to detail of everything else, that one seems odd.

Did make me chuckle that he forgot his passport because he always strikes me as the most grown up and sensible of all the players. You’d have thought the club would do something to ensure everyone’s travel docs were in order though, given the attention to detail of everything else, that one seems odd.

I'm not a footballer which probably explains why I would feel somewhat insulted that the club has to send someone round my house to check I'd brought my passport for a foreign trip. Clearly they do however.

The Traore thread is locked so posting here - excellent sky sports article on him here

https://www.skysports.com/football/...lfil-his-huge-potential-as-a-wolves-wing-back

In truth, his delivery is far better than some would suggest, particularly remarkable given the speed at which he travels. Of the 130 Premier League players to have attempted 25 or more crosses from open play since the start of last season, only one finds a team-mate as often as Traore. Statistically, his crossing is twice as accurate as that of Kevin De Bruyne.

Of course, that's partly because Traore's dribbling skills put him in such good positions from which to deliver the ball. Even so, the list of Premier League regulars who have created a chance more regularly than Traore in that time is short. He's in good company too. There are only a dozen of them and they include De Bruyne, Eden Hazard and a couple of Silvas.

Last edited:
I missed all these accurate crosses before Monday, but fair play to the lad, he was spot on against Utd. Hope we see more of this in future.
After turning round the careers of Doc and Coady it seems he is finally doing the same with Traore. How good is the coaching of Nuno and the rest of his team

Just goes to show there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

There's a reason Traore isn't a regular starter. One swallow does not make a summer as they say, I'll see how he gets on over the next 4 or 5 games before crowning him as others have.

Don't think anybody is counting any chickens, just people are pleased to see an improvement and there has been quite a lot this season, obviously its very early, we all want to see how his next few performances go, but its a good start

Don't think anybody is counting any chickens, just people are pleased to see an improvement and there has been quite a lot this season, obviously its very early, we all want to see how his next few performances go, but its a good start

I totally agree. I was a pretty vicious critic, but I am seeing signs of hope.

I've defended him more than some here but even I can admit that his play in the buildup to Raúl hitting the post is the best thing he's done for us by a huge margin. Just ridiculously impressive.

Back