• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

It does get cold in Portugal. When we played Blues away last season, one of the pundits (can't remember who, let's blame Lee Hendrie) was wibbling on about how cold it was and whether our foreign lads would cope. That night, it was colder in Lisbon than in Wolverhampton or Birmingham.

Your idea of colder is about 23 degrees Celsius. To us that is barbecue weather.

Doesn't get as cold as some places, but we had a lot of 5~10 Celsius during this Winter. It's a lot less windy in Lisbon, and the wind is normally not as cold as yours so it makes a difference as well.

And I'm only talking about Lisbon. There are some areas in Portugal which are absolutely freezing during the winter, and hellish hot during the summer.

I was wearing shorts etc in Porto in Jan, was probably about 16-18°c. The locals were wandering around wearing big warm jackets and scarves.

Last month we had a couple of days with 23-24 degrees in Lisbon, I actually went to the beach like in the summer (flip flops, etc). But I usually go to the beach from February until November, so I might be slightly crazy. :D
Having ~20 in November is not uncommon. Same with having ~3 at night/early mornings in January, which is about the coldest it gets here.

It does get cold in Portugal. When we played Blues away last season, one of the pundits (can't remember who, let's blame Lee Hendrie) was wibbling on about how cold it was and whether our foreign lads would cope. That night, it was colder in Lisbon than in Wolverhampton or Birmingham.
Bit like the time Clive & co on ITV got all excited when it snowed in Turkey.

Remember the rainy enland game, sat talking about rain for ages ha.

Remember the rainy enland game, sat talking about rain for ages ha.
Miami wasn't it. Warm up before the Brazil World Cup.

Chiles in charge of getting content to broadcast. ITV would have been better to just switch off for 2 hours.

Coady on 5Live at 8.15.....unfortunately I'll be at work by then

He was excellent, a great ambassador for the club. They all really liked him and the host (not Nicky Campbell) said that everyone loves Wolves now! Was funny when they asked him about Cavaleiro's Instagram post from the dressing room when he was in the background naked!

He was excellent, a great ambassador for the club. They all really liked him and the host (not Nicky Campbell) said that everyone loves Wolves now! Was funny when they asked him about Cavaleiro's Instagram post from the dressing room when he was in the background naked!

Anyone with a link? I can't find it ( I'm a Luddite! )

MGW named 10th in the 'Top 50 Wonderkids in the World' list

We should loan him out though bruv.

I don't think people think we should be loaning him to Notts County. He isn't getting enough games right now so it's a difficult one. If we make Europe next season he'll get plenty of game time, but if not a loan to somebody at the lower reaches of the PL or abroad may do him some good.

Loans just don't work well enough though, the hit rate on them is dreadful (not just for us, for everyone). You can even get them to go well and it means nothing in the grand scheme of things. For instance Tammy Abraham has had three loan spells, two good and one largely bad. What do Chelsea know now about him that they didn't know before? He can score goals in the Championship? Not very useful to them.

There's the utopia that he gets a full season somewhere that plays good football, gives him free reign to do his stuff, he plays nearly every game and really flourishes, finds his niche and comes back here an even better player. I would suggest that is very unlikely. Far more likely that he'd go somewhere and end up playing out wide or be stuck on the bench, wasting everyone's time.

Also given the size of our squad, if we let him go we'd have to sign someone else to replace him, which defeats the object really.

It's a solution that's constantly thrown around when it's very rarely appropriate.

Back