• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Each of the pitches was a significant sum and there are three new ones I believe. Exactly the same as the Molineux main pitch. So whatever the cost of relaying the main pitch is, multiply it by three as a finger in the air guestimate. Then bung on any extra building works and facilities at Compton. It will all add up.

Approximately 3000 tickets for the United cup game will go on sale after STHs have had their chance. Sales start tomorrow 10am for those with 180 points.

hmmmmm

one thing bothering me

United allocation 4,480 ish
Season tickets 22,500

= 26,980

There should be at least 5000 tickets left.

Segregation in the NB and no doubt a couple of rows above the away fans blocked in case of Rugeley pie flingers. You will then have a selection of tickets kept by the club that they give away or provide to players for friends. I believe the FA can request some as well (non corporate). That will bring the numbers down a fair bit.

Timmy

"I gather that more than a third of Wolves' £55m loss was spent on player and staff bonuses at the end of the season, as well as extra transfer fees paid due to promotion. Adds a bit of context. Club are confident they're working well within their means and FFP rules"

Segregation in the NB and no doubt a couple of rows above the away fans blocked in case of Rugeley pie flingers. You will then have a selection of tickets kept by the club that they give away or provide to players for friends. I believe the FA can request some as well (non corporate). That will bring the numbers down a fair bit.

By 5000?

Approximately 3000 tickets for the United cup game will go on sale after STHs have had their chance. Sales start tomorrow 10am for those with 180 points.

I am on 150 so suspect I will have a pretty slim chance of getting a ticket now

No. But Wolves have said around 3000 tickets left and Paddy was saying they should be 5000. The front 2 or 3 rows of the SB Upper being blocked would take a large amount out and if the segregation between the fans in the NB is extended that is another large chunk. Easy to find around 1500 - 2000 tickets gone with those closed seats and then any tickets kept by the club or the FA

Crap, I'm interviewing at 10 tomorrow :uhoh2:

Hopefully they don't all disappear before I can nab one

There was trouble inside and outside the ground last time we played United at home in the cup and their fans were split across two stands. So segregation is likely to be greater than it would be by default, under instruction of WMP.

Timmy

"I gather that more than a third of Wolves' £55m loss was spent on player and staff bonuses at the end of the season, as well as extra transfer fees paid due to promotion. Adds a bit of context. Club are confident they're working well within their means and FFP rules"

On this, I'm sure everyone will be delighted to hear that we probably had to cough up more money for the likes of Mason, Oniangué and Gladon :icon_lol:

We had to pay extra to Cov for Roussel in 2003 on the same basis, even though he wasn't even here that season. Still on our books as of the day we went up so the clause was still live.

I read somewhere that we'd get more for the semi final than we would for the final.

Yep, by quite a margin too. The FA give away thousands upon thousands of tickets for the final (each FA affiliated club can claim some for a start, even your likes of Wednesfield Town).

I read somewhere that we'd get more for the semi final than we would for the final.
You do. Every team that takes part in the FA Cup gets given tickets as part of the FA family. So teams that kicked off in the very 1st rounds back in August get given a couple and then that increases the higher up the ladder.

Club Wembley takes 17k or so tickets and then around 13k are part of the FA family allocation and other stuff like FA guests/competitions. Leaving around 30k for each team in the final

Back