• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Could be the cup semi final, or the Arsenal game could get moved there.

Arsenal are playing Everton on the 7th. The fixture of 6th April WAS Manchester United, but it has moved to the second to accommodate the FA Cup semi final as one of us has to be in it.

As season ticket holders have until midnight to reserve their seats for the cup game, does that mean tickets go to members right after, or will it more likely be tomorrow morning?

Just so we're absolutely clear, if someone offers me £500 for my QF ticket, I'm selling the fucker.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...lves-manchester-united-tickets-facup-15916262

"the website which is hosting the sale, livefootballtickets.com, also adds £150 to each order as a “service fee and tax” while customers must also shell out no less than £14.95 to collect the ticket or have it delivered."... and people think Wolves are charging too much with a £1.50 admin fee :icon_lol:

God I hate that Birmingham Mail clickbait site. Crashes my computer every time with all the ridiculous long-running scripts.

I can't be doing with the site unless I've got Ad Blocker Pro running.

Accounts are made up to 31 May, so the wage bill that Maguire is banging on about includes all the promotion bonuses which became active immediately upon our achieving promotion early in that month.

It isn't that bad

I love the way he is focusing on Wolves and then quoting the losses of the entire Division. Almost like he's trying to mis-lead and get a bite...

He provides that sort of information for just about any team. Don't think you need to worry about him picking on us.

He does but focusing on us and then quoting total losses in the entire Division is misleading. Also, he doesn't mention that the outlay includes the promotion bonus to players which will drastically increase the figures as we offered big bonuses to keep wages down

Yes he is well worth a follow, very interesting especially this time of year. He has no beef with Wolves, though this year's figures are very stark.

He does but focusing on us and then quoting total losses in the entire Division is misleading. Also, he doesn't mention that the outlay includes the promotion bonus to players which will drastically increase the figures as we offered big bonuses to keep wages down
But how would he know how much we offered? We don't know, would be interesting to find out. Same also goes for Fulham and Cardiff too, i would imagine.

He's don't no different than he has done for multiple other teams over the last few weeks - if anything his comments aimed at villa gave been way worse.

That is because Villa are deliberately hiding their wage bill and transfer losses in Recon, which doesn't have to file for FFP deadlines, and simply picks up a late filing fee from Companies House for not getting the forms in on time (for a limited company this was 100 quid when I did the CoSec work, but inflation has probably pushed it up a bit). So if Recon doesn't file, then Villa keep their huge losses out of the FFP calculations until after (they hope) promotion is achieved. That is somewhat nawty.

When will Timmy do his take on this and have a million people on Twitter shitting themselves over FFP?

But how would he know how much we offered? We don't know, would be interesting to find out. Same also goes for Fulham and Cardiff too, i would imagine.

He's don't no different than he has done for multiple other teams over the last few weeks - if anything his comments aimed at villa gave been way worse.

I think you can probably speculate that bonuses were about £23m else we would have been held account for breaking FFP.

Back