• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

https://www.expressandstar.com/news...es-fans-will-now-have-to-pay-to-use-car-park/

Info for anyone who parks on the Science Park match days. Surprised its taken the City council to realise they could be making money out of this, Cretins.
Councillor Steve Evans, environment boss at Wolverhampton Council said: “There is a cost to managing and maintaining car parks and it is reasonable to apply parking charges where there is such a high demand.

It’d be interesting to know how much it costs to maintain a patch of tarmac?

If Kyle Walker is a £50m defender...
The clue is in the word defender. Doc has a unique position in a unique formation and all credit to him for making the most of his opportunity. Let's not pretend he could play for any other PL team though. I've seen Spurs fans and Man Utd fans so they want him recently, if they were to bid £10m+ I'd snap their hands off and he'd be an absolute car crash for them.

He would be an upgrade for Man Utd. Mainly as he would replace Ashley Young

Tony - whatever you think about Doc's attributes in a flat four or otherwise, I can guarantee after his figures so far this season, he is worth one hell of a lot more than £10m.

The clue is in the word defender. Doc has a unique position in a unique formation and all credit to him for making the most of his opportunity. Let's not pretend he could play for any other PL team though. I've seen Spurs fans and Man Utd fans so they want him recently, if they were to bid £10m+ I'd snap their hands off and he'd be an absolute car crash for them.

I was one of Doherty's biggest detractors from league 1 in to the Championship but he's won me over last season and this. He's so vital to how we play particularly going forward and he's got such a specific skill set i would be looking for at least double that. Try and find a wing back that can do what he does and has been doing this season, i think you would struggle massively. He's actually improved his defending too especially 1 vs 1. He does still switch off from time to time but it's very rare these days.

I was one of Doherty's biggest detractors from league 1 in to the Championship but he's won me over last season and this. He's so vital to how we play particularly going forward and he's got such a specific skill set i would be looking for at least double that. Try and find a wing back that can do what he does and has been doing this season, i think you would struggle massively. He's actually improved his defending too especially 1 vs 1. He does still switch off from time to time but it's very rare these days.

I broadly agree with you and the valuation is neither here or there really. I stand by my comment that we play a unique formation that he thrives in, no other side does, particularly not Utd or Spurs. The own goal against Leicester you can let go, but his defending for the Huddersfield and Man City goals would be destroyed by the media and fans alike in the rarefied air of the Sky 6. He suits us and we suit him.

WhoScored is an absolute joke of a website, anyone using that as the basis for an argument (other than "how shit is this site and how flawed is their methodology") needs to put the keyboard away for a bit.

Find articles like this to be hugely distasteful tbh.

I don't find them even remotely distasteful compared to pictures of poor old Sala's plane at the bottom of the sea, but the inclusion of Coady in there is just barking mad.

The whole idea of using an algorithm for this is laughable.

All you need to know about WhoScored is that in our Zenga/Lambert season, they had Doc down as the best LB in the Championship. The same year when we rightly dropped him even though we didn't have another LB and had to play Saville instead.

Yeah, ok.

All you need to know about WhoScored is that in our Zenga/Lambert season, they had Doc down as the best LB in the Championship. The same year when we rightly dropped him even though we didn't have another LB and had to play Saville instead.

Yeah, ok.
To be fair when we dropped Doc it was during the stage where Lambert lost his fucking mind and decided Georgey was a great option to play as a wing back. A wing back that never crossed the halfway line

Back