• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Didn't know you had to pay to be a mascot, how naive am I? Seems churlish to me, can't believe it makes much difference to our income. Like the idea of half the mascot packages being free to kids whose parents/backgrounds mean they wouldn't have a chance otherwise
A friend of mine's son is a mascot for the West Ham game and said it was 500 quid. But as said you get kit, tickets etc.

5500 x 19 is over 100k, a decent wedge.

A friend of mine's son is a mascot for the West Ham game and said it was 500 quid. But as said you get kit, tickets etc.

100k is a decent wedge to you or me. To Wolves, not really. Junior membership members going into a ballot sounds like a great idea (I don't know what happened in the past). Likewise Wolves fans at local schools (but no reason they shouldn't be junior members anyway, although could be a nice outreach effort in the local area).

We're far from the worst, and the value isn't bad all considered, but highlighting we could take a different approach does no harm (in case anyone from the club looks at these forums).

We've been charging since at least League One as that's when I first looked into it. I've never bothered as he tends to get the home shirt in the Summer and being STH's the ticket element isn't appealing

Last edited:
My lad was a home mascot in the championship and absolutely loved it - was well worth the money.

My lad was a home mascot in the championship and absolutely loved it - was well worth the money.

Through the credit card ballot thingy, I got to stand on the pitch before kickoff in December 2015 and even as a 28 year old then I found it pretty cool. Didn't have to pay anything for that, wasn't even me that won the ballot (my Dad uses the Wolves Credit Card). Pretty sure we could do better for kids, I'd hate to think the kid stood in front of me had to pay that much for the privilege.

I can see people get a lot out of it and some might see it as good value but for me 2 weeks wages as a one off treat for one of my kids ( grandkids nowadays) would be a big issue in my household

I'm never really a fan of the pay-to-play aspects of things, same with concerts and VIP passes, etc.

100k isn't much to a premier league football club, would rather see it be a raffle of some kind so every kid has a chance to participate. would 100% be the kind of thing I'd pay for my kid to do though if I were overseas. :icon_lol:

hell I'd do it for me! I want to hold Coady's hand walking onto the pitch.

You get kits, food, tours, meet the players and match tickets at City, Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal too. It looks money grabbing and is pretty grubby when you think of the income streams the club has going in this league. And that's not considering the wealth of the owners.

If they wanted to be fair they could do it for all junior members and STH's.

Feel like I've read pretty much the same thing before yet I still read the whole thing. Legend.

I know people always have a grumble at this type of thing but I think the light show and the dance music from about 5 minutes before the players come out and as they walk out is really taking away from the atmosphere. No chants can get going and theres no back and forth between home and away fans. I don't like this light show/rave stuff we've got going on at all.

I'm not fussed either way really, quite like that they are making the effort anyway. Think it's a lazy excuse to say it is taking away from the atmosphere, a lot of people only get in for kick off anyway so what is their excuse?

I'm not fussed either way really, quite like that they are making the effort anyway. Think it's a lazy excuse to say it is taking away from the atmosphere, a lot of people only get in for kick off anyway so what is their excuse?

I don't think it would have made any difference last night as for the whole game it was pretty quiet but I definitely think it takes away from the crowd at the start of games.

I really like Dalrymple and the way he works - the club have come up with some really good stuff recently and I also get that they are trialling different things to improve the match day experience for fans, just for me this stuff at the start doesn't really work.

I know people always have a grumble at this type of thing but I think the light show and the dance music from about 5 minutes before the players come out and as they walk out is really taking away from the atmosphere. No chants can get going and theres no back and forth between home and away fans. I don't like this light show/rave stuff we've got going on at all.

When you have over 30000 people of all ages and backgrounds in a stadium to play rave (or Heavy rock etc) is moronic. This whole blasting of music before the match, at half time now even after is bollocks. It was brought in to stop fans goading each other and is basically why I turn up at the turnstiles 5 min (max) before kick off. I would take my seat 30 mins before if I weren't subject to this noise pollution. Plus the atmosphere would ramp up as it used to.

Another thing is we've relaced shouty man with errm another shouty man. Do supporters really need all this bollocks to get em up for the match.
I know its strange but some people might want to discuss line ups, last games or even greet people who sit around them.

I don't think it would have made any difference last night as for the whole game it was pretty quiet but I definitely think it takes away from the crowd at the start of games.

I really like Dalrymple and the way he works - the club have come up with some really good stuff recently and I also get that they are trialling different things to improve the match day experience for fans, just for me this stuff at the start doesn't really work.

Fair enough mate

I only get in for kick because I can't stand being blasted with all this annoying nonsense in the ground. I know some people think its great and thats fair enough and the club is making the effort and trying things, but sometimes less is more.

TBF who can forget Zorb football (oh the tension) or of course the suitcase game (classic) - this is sort of a sarcastic jokey thing (think Rimmer) before you hang me :smarmy:

So I don't like it so I avoid it.

Back