• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Will be very amazed if that one gets moved (Please Sky if you are reading this and want to move it...the Nation would love a Monday Night Football of Wolves v Cardiff)

Will be very amazed if that one gets moved (Please Sky if you are reading this and want to move it...the Nation would love a Monday Night Football of Wolves v Cardiff)

Wolves v. Newcastle got moved and screwed plans already ahah so Im a bit on the fence here

Fixtures that weekend

Bournemouth v Man City
Brighton v Huddersfield
Burnley v Palace
Everton v Liverpool
Fulham v Chelsea
Man Utd v Southampton
Spurs v Arsenal
Watford v Leicester
West Ham v Newcastle
Wolves v Cardiff

Everton, Fulham and Spurs games will be on TV. Possibly Man City and Man Utd

Kevin Kilbane on Matt Doherty's chances of getting regular starts for Ireland now Coleman has lost his place in Everton's starting 11:

“That’s a tough one but Matt Doherty’s form suggests he should be in the side, that is the way it is, and there has to be a way to get them both into the side, whatever system Mick decides to play,” said Kilbane. “If it is a back four, does he play one of them at left-back?

“It would seem Matt Doherty is best equipped to play left-back because he has played a lot there before. We have not got an abundance of players playing in the Premier League and he has been our best player. He has been outstanding.

“I don’t necessarily think you can drop Seamus Coleman because what benefit would that be to us? How many players have we had who have been playing at a level Seamus has been at? There needs to be a way to fit them both in. The logical thing to me is to play Matt at left back.”

How have we played half a season in the Premier League and there are still pundits who think Matt Doherty can do a job as a left back in a traditional back four at International level?!

Last edited:
It is Ireland. He is still better than any of the other dross they have. They play Cyrus Christie CM

Kevin Kilbane on Matt Doherty's chances of getting regular starts for Ireland now Coleman has lost his place in Everton's starting 11:

How have we played half a season in the Premier League and their are still pundits who think Matt Doherty can do a job as a left back in a traditional back four at International level?!

It is a regular occurence over here, pundits talking about Doherty being able to play left back as a solution to getting Coleman and him into the team, people are surprised when I point out (even happened last night by co-incidence), he might have played there, but he wasnt very good.

Would hazard a guess that 99% of them never saw him play there, unless 3 years ago they had a fascination with a championship club that was finishing in the bottom half of the league and a player who was no-where near the international set up at the time.

So fourth round game is NOT on tv. Should mean that West Ham stays the same night as they still play on the Saturday as well (although at 7.45pm)

That's a bit of a shame. Don't fancy going stoke away with all the associated nonsense and it'll be pretty difficult to get tickets at Shrewsbury i reckon

Shrewsbury will be ASTs only, we'll get 1,500 there.

Not going to Stoke as my bloody inconsiderant friend isn't going.

Yes, we like to talk about K-Mac and his woeful shooting

Big congratulations to the @wolvesesports team who are one of just 16 teams worldwide to have qualified for the prestigious @FIFAeWorldCup!

Wim good at FIFA

Does this mean they like talking about player packs, or is this the actual rarely mentioned gameplay thing?

Back