• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Agreed. I love a good swear, both in print and in person.

Anything I read on hear tends to kill my morning boner, so it's all the same to me.

To be fair though you commented and the very next game he scored a thunderbastard v Hull. So under internet rules it can never be forgotten and mentioned as soon as the opportunity is there

It's been since the Derby goal. He and the fans are to blame in equal measure.

As good as our previous academy graduates were we didn't see this sort of hype
a973203f3692c18a966cd2e6dc314a8a.jpg

Ooh, free crossword, cheers bud!

I struggle with the Times cryptic. I can only do the telegraph one. I get where their compilers are going with the clues, but the Times is much more difficult.

Don't thank me, thank the BBC bods who do 'tomorrow's papers today' on twitter. Well worth a follow.

Was actually going to break a very long ban and buy the times to read that story. Have since found out its written by Tim 1. I shan't bother.

Nice feature on soccer Saturday about Jarvis, Iwelumo and Elokobi having an event at the Cleveland. Good fun to watch and then a segue into discussing our game against Chelsea. MGW was again drooled over, and Le Tissier reckoned the Boly challenge is one of the best tackles he has seen. Even Phil Thompson was very positive about us, as was Merse. They forgot to ask Charlie Nicholas, although I understand that on the night he was very positive about us.

Back in the media love-in. Hopefully this time we power on and get a couple of good results to take us into the Liverpool game.

Nice feature on soccer Saturday about Jarvis, Iwelumo and Elokobi having an event at the Cleveland. Good fun to watch and then a segue into discussing our game against Chelsea. MGW was again drooled over, and Le Tissier reckoned the Boly challenge is one of the best tackles he has seen. Even Phil Thompson was very positive about us, as was Merse. They forgot to ask Charlie Nicholas, although I understand that on the night he was very positive about us.

Back in the media love-in. Hopefully this time we power on and get a couple of good results to take us into the Liverpool game.

Charlie Nicholas's constant adoration for us is one of the few aspects of this roller coaster ride that truly amazes me ! :)

Listened to the Karl Henry Old Gold Club podcast, he came across well and I can see him going into management. He has a real issue with the 2009 team not getting enough credit for winning the league versus the 2003 team who finished 5th. So I thought I'd pick my combined side from the two promotion winning seasons. The players available from each are:
2003 12 players Murray, Irwin, Lescott, Butler, Naylor, Newton, Ince, Cameron, Rae Kennedy, Miller, Blake
2009 15 players Hennessey, Foley, Craddock, Berra, Stearman, Collins, Ward, Kightly, Henry, Edwards, Jones, Jarvis, Iwelumo, SEB, Keogh

Both were 442. Based purely on the promotion seasons I'd go
-------------------Murray---------
Foley---Butler---Lescott---Naylor
Kightly---Henry---Cameron---Kennedy
-----------------SEB------Miller----

7 4 to the 2003 team, I guess it shows how they underperformed really. Centre mid was the hardest. Could easily have put Ince, Jones or Rae in there

Rae ahead of Henry. Jarvis ahead of Kennedy (much as I loved Kennedy)

I would probably go Craddock ahead of Butler, but there wouldn't be much in it.

I've always disliked Kenny Miller,but that's a personal thing,I have mentioned it a lot tbh,about time I got over it,it's nearly 15 years ago

Hypothetical - If Nuno had that squad to pick from:

------------------------- Murray ---------------------------

--------- Lescott ---- Berra --- Stearman -------

Foley -------- Henry -------- Rae ---------- Naylor

---------- Kightly ------------------- Jarvis ------------

---------------------------- SEB -----------------------------

OR:

------------------------- Murray ---------------------------

--------- Lescott ---- Berra --- Stearman -------

Foley -------- Henry -------- Rae ---------- Naylor

------------------------ Edwards ------------------------

---------------- Kightly ----------- SEB ----------------

You could arguably switch Berra and Stearman as I think Berra was left footed (?).

I think Nuno would put Henry in the Coady role and Blake up top

Berra in that role is a scary thought!

Back