• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I had to give my grandson an IOU for his birthday, so I hope they have his sizes. He missed out on a Leics.Tiger top as well as they went OOS too. Fingers crossed for him.

Major engineering project in over-run shocker.

It was a monumentally challenging timescale in the best of circumstances and with everything going perfectly, which of course never happens.

Major engineering project in over-run shocker.

It was a monumentally challenging timescale in the best of circumstances and with everything going perfectly, which of course never happens.

Overrunning by a year is a hell of a fuck up, lad I used to play football with has been down to work on it a few times and always said it's a complete shit show down there. There's got to be more to it than they're letting on, no way sprinklers are holding it up to March unless they've only just decided they need them and have to try and install around everything else. Last time I looked on their site webcam they still had multiple tower cranes up so there's a hell of a lot more left unfinished than a sprinkler system.

What you do is blame one aspect of it and then every other sub-contractor piles in and goes "yeah, actually"...

Someone over the road reckons they have been given miles of the wrong electrical cabling and that all needs to come out and be replaced, and they are struggling to source the correct stuff. God knows whether that is true or not, but that is quite the fuck up.

One thing I would say is that one of our builds in London we had an issue that meant we were two months late and the fines were horrendously punitive. A year late and I shudder to think the level of the financial whack.

Someone over the road reckons they have been given miles of the wrong electrical cabling and that all needs to come out and be replaced, and they are struggling to source the correct stuff. God knows whether that is true or not, but that is quite the fuck up.

One thing I would say is that one of our builds in London we had an issue that meant we were two months late and the fines were horrendously punitive. A year late and I shudder to think the level of the financial whack.

Dodgy game building stadiums when it goes wrong it goes wrong big style.

Back in 2006 penalties on Wembley were £120,000/day and that finished over a year late (not sure what the final bill was with counter claims by the Contractor). John Laing lost in the region of £30million on the Millennium Stadium back in 1999. I was working for a company, when they did a stand at Murrayfield heard on the grapevine that we had lost our shirt on it.

Back to football reading between the lines and it looks like our Matt's face doesnt fit with Martin O'Neill.

Now we all now Doc has some shortcomings in his game, but reason MON gives

crap defending? NO
Crossing? NO
Lack of pace for an international defender? NO
Being a mardy arse at times? NO

An international manager says a player doesnt fit in because he looks to pass the ball to a team-mate too often!

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/soccer-news/matt-doherty-warned-change-ways-13235780

Used to like MON but by god his day has passed.

To be fair, he sort of has a point (I agree MON is done now).

He very rarely looks to beat his opposite number and it's best if he doesn't cross it because he is absolutely awful at that. However he works for us (to a point) as he will put the yards in these days and we always have tons of options for him once he gets up the pitch. That isn't how a wingback normally plays. If Ireland play that system they're going to want someone to play like Jamie Smith did for us under McGhee, get down the outside and sling the ball in.

I'd be more concerned that he genuinely thinks Doc could play at LB! Jesus. He only ended up there for us because we sold our only player there and didn't replace him for 18 months. He was bloody awful. That is not an option.

Agreed. While MON is at past his best I thought his analysis of how Doherty plays was actually spot on and at least he’d actually wat he’d him and wasn’t just dismissing him out of hand. He never took his man on last season and that’s when he received the ball with acres of space around him, not many managers will accept that from someone playing wide.

Reads to me like MON saying that although he knows he plays week in week out in the PL, so therefore he should be picking him he's not going to because he thinks he's a bit shit

Lawrenson, who the BBC wouldn't employ if he wasn't Irish, predicts us to lose 2-0. Merson goes for a 2-1 win.

Lawrenson, who the BBC wouldn't employ if he wasn't Irish, predicts us to lose 2-0. Merson goes for a 2-1 win.
Is it me or has he predicted we would lose every game so far?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mark Wahlberg thinks we will win 5-0 though so that as eased my mind...

772287b27c7cfff68347f903c150b9ef.png

No rebuild plans then?

June 8th so would only delay work starting by a month.

Back