• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

When I lived in Thailand in 2016, you'd be surprised with the number of Leicester shirts I saw...outnumbered any "normal" big English club

This was an interesting watch, once I got past the pronunciations he uses.

Yo-tah and Cava-yeero.

The only pronunciation I thought was poor was docherty,there's no c in his name,it's doherty

Why do they nickname him Doc if it's not pronounced Docherty?

I've always wondered this too - probably due to everyone mispronouncing his surname - which is definitely meant to pronounced with no 'c' - Irish friends think it's hilarious that Brits stick a c in there when saying it (same way I think it's hilarious when they try extra hard to pronounce their 'th's and end up doing it for the River 'Thames').

Don't know,always annoyed me when they did the same with the waster Pete Doherty("pop star" and "celebrity" drug addict)

Probably comes from people automatically calling him Docherty.......you know shit footballer bantz and all that

I've always wondered this too - probably due to everyone mispronouncing his surname - which is definitely meant to pronounced with no 'c' - Irish friends think it's hilarious that Brits stick a c in there when saying it (same way I think it's hilarious when they try extra hard to pronounce their 'th's and end up doing it for the River 'Thames').
they laugh but on our last televised game Keith Andrews said it was definitely pronounced DOCherty when asked about it!!

they laugh but on our last televised game Keith Andrews said it was definitely pronounced DOCherty when asked about it!!

Ken Doherty was asked on the racing on Saturday about his name and he said Docherty.

Last edited:
The mighty Coventry Sphinx last time I bothered to go through and update the ex-Wolf thread in full.

Edit: Looks like he went to the even mightier Coventry United in October.

Back