• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Mine would probably be:

1. Matt Doherty - completely submitted to Michail Antonio at Molineux this season after the first 50/50. Decided within the first 3 minutes that he was going to have a bad day and spent the rest of the game shuffling around with his shoulders slumped and head bowed, trying his hardest not to get involved with Antonio. I completely lost it with him around the 80 minute mark and let loose a torrent of abuse that had a few close to me in the South Bank applauding. Only time I've ever left a Wolves game early.

2. Nigel Quashie - Burnley away 08/09. Complete disaster from start to finish. Lost it when he sliced the ball out of play 3 times in a row.

3. Scott Golbourne - The slip away at Blues. What was he even trying to do??

Honourable mention for the morons that spoiled the Rotherham 6-4 game. I was fuming.

1) Olofinjana being beaten in the air by Jay Tabb at Coventry. I mean fucking hell.

2) Halford vs Blues. You know when people say "I could have done better than that" and it's almost always hyperbole? Well no. I could have done better than that.

3) Paul Jones vs Cardiff. Doing the Ayatollah with their fans, gives the South Bank the finger, then fucks up for another goal. Awful.

I won't list specifics, but Marlon Harewood and Nigel Quashie are almost certainly up there.

I do remember an occasion when Mike Stowell tried to get us on the attack quickly and threw the ball out to Tony Daley who had his back turned to the ball, completely oblivious, while running in the opposite direction. I mean they teach that kind of thing in school - "keep your eye on the ball". I was fuming. I can just about let him off because he does a cracking job for us now.

Harewood and Quashie, though... they can fuck right off.

1) JoH vs Huddersfield - just gone 3-1 down and he gets himself as far as I'm concerned deliberately sent off. Ruling himself out of our next two games. He should never of played for us again at that point, somehow he starts at BHA as we all know.

Get back to you on the other two.

My biggest mental at one of our own players in recent years was Karl Henry against Villa for kicking out at Albrighton. Petulant prick cost us that game and maybe our Premier League place.

1) JoH vs Huddersfield - just gone 3-1 down and he gets himself as far as I'm concerned deliberately sent off. Ruling himself out of our next two games. He should never of played for us again at that point, somehow he starts at BHA as we all know.

Get back to you on the other two.

I'd agree with this. Never been so angry with a Wolves player. Paddy marched out of the ground at that point, not five minutes after berating the fans around us - for leaving early.

(Dis)Honourable mention to Paul Stewart vs Derby. It was almost applaudable for someone to put so little effort in.

I'd agree with this. Never been so angry with a Wolves player. Paddy marched out of the ground at that point, not five minutes after berating the fans around us - for leaving early.

:icon_lol:

Hoddle. Can't recall the game, but the ponce-y fucking cunt showed emotion as our manager just once. Naylor mis-controlled a ball played out to him. The only time ever Hoddle showed emotion was at how dissatisfied he was with Naylor for not controlling it like a midfield maestro. He went fucking ballistic, & repeatedly did a motion as to how it should be done, undermining the player 3 or 4 times in a couple of minutes. Brilliant man management you fucking dickwad.

Fuck you hoddle, with your shit 1-1's all the time, and games devoid of excitement, and lack of respect.

Another one for me which is veering towards remembering sendings off was Muscat vs Grimsby the year we bottled it, pointless elbow and just him playing up to his rep. That game was the first nail, he was sent off and Kennedy fucked his groin IIRC.

Hoddle >>>>>>> Saunders.

Tough call for me. Both are atrocious characters.
In theory, hoddle had the ability to progress us. But the contempt he treated us with was huge. I was fuming at the manner in which he treated us in the summer he left. On his appointment, I had high hopes, very quickly dashed by loads of turgid football.

Saunders should never ever have been anywhere near being appointed. Some vile characteristics, and other issues like bizarre comments, bizarre dress sense, and a complete lack of humility.

On a different note, long time since the McCarey story broke without any update.

Tough call for me. Both are atrocious characters.
In theory, hoddle had the ability to progress us. But the contempt he treated us with was huge. I was fuming at the manner in which he treated us in the summer he left. On his appointment, I had high hopes, very quickly dashed by loads of turgid football.

Saunders should never ever have been anywhere near being appointed. Some vile characteristics, and other issues like bizarre comments, bizarre dress sense, and a complete lack of humility.

I remember in 01 after the WTC attacks a government aide got into hot water for saying it was a "good time to make a contentious issue disappear politicans expenses anyone?" I'm not for a moment comparing us to 9/11 but moving onto '06 the media were full on World Cup frenzy and after persumably begging to keep his job then left while the media gaze was elsewhere, it was brilliant image preservation and the cunts, cunt of an agent earned his pay coming up with that one.

On a different note, long time since the McCarey story broke without any update.

Did I dream that he had gone into rehab somewhere or did that actually happen?

I think he is just being supported by the club for now. When everything is confirmed (and I would be shocked if it isn't) I expect us to terminate his contract.

I think he is just being supported by the club for now. When everything is confirmed (and I would be shocked if it isn't) I expect us to terminate his contract.

We gave Cornes a chance for Recreational Drugs. Don't be surprised if we give Aaron a 2nd chance.

Back