• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Millwall is the worst place I’ve been to. Hopefully, it’s improved since 2002, but the scenes on that day reminded me of one of the hooligan films.

The away end is fenced in so you can only leave when the police open the gates. I'm not sure if the trains run on Boxing Day, but South Bermondsey is the nearest overland station IIRC. Canada Water the nearest underground and that's a 20 minute walk.

It’s a bit of a pain for Boxing Day, because it looks like even though the tube is (mostly) running, the Overground on the former east London line, and national rail out of London Bridge, aren’t.

Nearest tube station to the ground is Bermondsey, which is best part of a half hour walk from the Den. That said, since you’re coming from the north side of the city, it might make it easier for you to only drive to somewhere like Wembley Park, where there’s plenty of parking, and then get the Jubilee line all the way south to Bermondsey and walk from there.

Your other alternative is to drive nearer to the Den and find an actual proper car park nearby rather than just a side street, although as someone who lives just across the river in a similarly dodgy-looking area, I should say I’ve found the bigger risks of on-street parking in London comes from Deliveroo drivers clipping wing mirrors, or over-zealous traffic wardens, rather than something like vandalism. And as others say, just don’t wear colours and try to park somewhere you think won’t be where most fans walk in the direction of, you’ll quickly end up by yourselves looking like any old pedestrians once you’re off from the main groups heading to the coaches or tube.

Wait, not Wembley, Spurs are at home Boxing Day. Somewhere else on the line like Stanmore or even Stratford, then.

Worth bearing in mind Wolves fans might be kept behind after the game though. When I went in 14/15 (last time we played there?) we were kept in for 45 minutes after the game. Which after throwing away a 3 goal lead was...great.

Yeah, everyone just wanted to get out of there after that! Ricardo bloody Fuller

Wait, not Wembley, Spurs are at home Boxing Day. Somewhere else on the line like Stanmore or even Stratford, then.

Stanmore is a good shout I reckon

Yeah, everyone just wanted to get out of there after that! Ricardo bloody Fuller

Fuller was one of those that always seemed to score against us.

We tried to sign him a few times I think.

Ticket News

Bristol City - Currently sold 2381

I'm trying to get 3 tickets now but it's not letting me get any at all - we can't have sold nearly 1300 since yesterday surely?

Stanmore is a good shout I reckon

Will be plenty of parking around there, although might be quicker to go straight down the M11 if he's coming from Cambridge, then it's a much quicker journey on the tube from Stratford (and can park at Westfield easily).

Stanmore tube has a huge car park. If you can find a space though, as it might be busy with Spurs at Wembley on the same day.

Thanks for the prompt replies and helpful advice everyone.

With the underground running it would make sense to drive to Stratford, tube to Canada Water and walk from there. I'm happy too to drive and park up reasonably locally and walk up to the ground also.

Given the normal relatively safe exit to the overground station isn't an option on Boxing Day, I suppose essentially now it's a question of which of those two post-game walks would be the best bet?

Don't mean to sound over-paranoid but the memories of visits to the old Den last a long time and frankly, just want to avoid any grief if at all possible being with my son.

Thanks again guys.

Was a weird game, my memory is we were totally shit even at 3-0 up. And it bloody started raining then they stuck us out the back of the stand post-game.

Worth bearing in mind Wolves fans might be kept behind after the game though. When I went in 14/15 (last time we played there?) we were kept in for 45 minutes after the game. Which after throwing away a 3 goal lead was...great.
That was partly down to Chelsea playing at Selhurst Park on that same afternoon. London Bridge station was fun that evening.

Heard some things about Millwall away from a forest fan, not the bullshitting type but always wondered. He said things were OK til after the game when they had to walk through a scruffy housing estate where they got started on by a gang of lads (he even said they were throwing stuff like half house bricks). Safe to say I've never wanted to go!

Heard some things about Millwall away from a forest fan, not the bullshitting type but always wondered. He said things were OK til after the game when they had to walk through a scruffy housing estate where they got started on by a gang of lads (he even said they were throwing stuff like half house bricks). Safe to say I've never wanted to go!

Yep, that is my memory walking to the overground station and then the Millwall fans all tried to charge the police to get to the fans on the station. There was also people chucking tins down from the high rise flats as we walked to the game. There was no way of them knowing we were Wolves fans so I guess they just chuck them down regardless.

I'm trying to get 3 tickets now but it's not letting me get any at all - we can't have sold nearly 1300 since yesterday surely?

Sorted this. Looking forward to the two games next week now!

I’ll be there YW with the old man. Let me know if you want a few pub suggestions.

Christ. Still can't believe you went there! The Masonic is the one to avoid - that's where the two lads got their heads knocked in last year.

I’ll be there YW with the old man. Let me know if you want a few pub suggestions.

I'm going with my girlfriend (her second Wolves game this season!) and her Dad (Spurs fan) who both live in Bath, so they may have a few ideas to be fair but will let you know, thanks mate. Would be good to meet anyway!

Back