• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Just tried to add my supporter number to the shop account and I get '502 bad gateway'. Sigh.

Someone on FB claiming our kit next season will be made by Adidas. Absolutely no idea how reliable they are.

I’ve got two pairs of Samba which have lasted ages, my blue ones still look new, so it looks like they’re pretty reliable.

I had a pair of green and yellow Forest Hills. Fucking loved them.

Ray Houghton on Talksport waxing lyrical about Diogo "the championship is a walk in the park for him"

Our lead at the top has been cut to 4 points after Cardiff won 2-0 at Forest.

Newcastle were only one point clear this time last year so I'll happily take that!

We also definitely have at least one more point in the bag than Newcastle did last year

Looks like a few of the team have gone on an early Christmas party in London.

D53_BEFC0_2_E9_D_45_F0_A4_CA_E7_F0_FEFBDEDC.jpg

Maybe playing devils advocate a bit here, but is Steve Morgan owed some credit for holding out for a genuine top class investment to buy the club from him?

We'd have surely had plenty of interest from investors who would have met his asking price. When he announced the club was for sale, I'd never have imagined we'd get owners as prestigious as Fosun and certainly didn't expect this kind of transformation within 2 years.

Was the Fosun interest the catalyst for the Fosun sale? Did Morgan hold out knowing we were a good acquisition?

Maybe worth a new thread?

Morgan was a bit of a dunce when it came to running a club and as time went on frequently used his mouth before engaging his brain. They were his two main faults. I don't doubt that he did care about the club (though he overegged that particular pudding a little too much and a little too often - he was still at it a couple of months ago saying "no-one hopes Wolves do well more than me", well I think there are 20,000+ people with more of a claim on that for a start Steve) and as this was all a bit of a vanity project for him, it makes sense for him to have a legacy that isn't a total horror show. It could have been if he'd just punted the club on to anyone.

That said I don't recall even a hint of interest from elsewhere. Fosun started looking at us around December 2015 I believe. Hence Ken going on his crusade to play some truly shocking football, just so long as we didn't go down (that doesn't give him a free pass for all of that shit, by the way).

That’s a very interesting post Langers. Not sure we’ll never know, but it certainly has panned out great for the club (after the first year hiccup).

The Nashter spoke to Warnock after the Forest v Cardiff game yesterday and Tweeted the following

So I asked Warnock about his comments on #Wolves

This is what he said: “What I did say was when we played Wolves was that whoever finished above #Wolves will definitely go up. I still stick by that. I don't know how Phil (Parkinson who said #Wolves will win the title by 10 pts) can say that because he hasn't played us yet.

So Neil, can you catch #Wolves: : “It's doubtful because I would imagine they will spend another £20m in January if I'm honest. “But they've done it right and they play great football – I've watched some of the stuff they've played.

Warnock cont'd: “The Wolves fans have had it rough over the years. My biggest mistake – and Steve Morgan's – was not taking over at Wolves. He should have snapped me up when I had the interview after Mick went."

“I was there (#Wolves) but Ken Bates said he would just give me the (Leeds) job without interviewing me so I took it and that was my biggest mistake in my career because I like #Wolves, it's a proper football club."

Phew sounds like we had a close shave, rather stay in the Championship than have him involved with our club, detest the man and I don't say that about many people/clubs

Back