• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Sod that. After 2 years of dullness we deserve to dream.

Fucks given about other fans thoughts on Wolves = 0

If you can't get carried away at the moment then what's the point. We all know football can slap you in face but while it is just a few fans getting carried away it means nothing. If Nuno comes out next week and invites us all to a promotion party that is different but he won't so all is good.

With 30 games to go I find it amazing, and disrespectful to other teams in the league. Other teams fans already say Wolves fans are arrogant. A bit of humility would not go amiss.

What are you finding amazing Frank? I don't think anyone has said that we have won anything but it's blatantly obvious that we are the best team in this league and unless something goes badly wrong we are going to take some stopping. There's nothing wrong with telling it how it is just because we support the team that is the best team. I thought Newcastle were the best side last year and i wasn't being disrespectful when i said i thought they would win the league before the season kicked off and the same goes for Wolves this year.

What's disrespectful is being told we won't go up because our foriners won't like it when it gets cold

What are you finding amazing Frank? I don't think anyone has said that we have won anything but it's blatantly obvious that we are the best team in this league and unless something goes badly wrong we are going to take some stopping. There's nothing wrong with telling it how it is just because we support the team that is the best team. I thought Newcastle were the best side last year and i wasn't being disrespectful when i said i thought they would win the league before the season kicked off and the same goes for Wolves this year.

Organising a promotion party with 30 games left is somewhat confusing.

Organising a promotion party with 30 games left is somewhat confusing.
I think it is fair to say the comment was tongue in cheek rather than a 100% let's get this party sorted now.

Amazingly not everything posted on this forum is serious

Why not get carried away and have a bit of a joke about a promotion party? We have been epic so far this season and we have Nuno and the players to remain grounded.

There are plenty that will jump straight on the doom wagon after a few bad results so let's fully enjoy how awesome things have been so far.

I'm celebrating promotion tonight with a curry and some wine #Premierleaguewinners2019

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

It's not a question of respect, it's reality. I don't go in for needless pessimism and fatalism and making an objective assessment after a third of the season, having seen most teams play at least once (or a fucking load of times if you're Aston Villa, thanks Sky) - I expect us to win most games. No-one in the division is better than us. Fulham were the best footballing team I saw last year, they played us off the park for an hour, they still try to play their football but we swatted them aside last night with consummate ease. If we do win most games from here then we'll go up, especially given the pace we've set. 15 wins and 10 draws from the remaining 31 games would almost certainly see us in the top two and I think we'll do a fair bit better than that.

Last season and the year before I did not expect us to win most games as we weren't very good on multiple levels.

If we did fail somehow then it would be bugger all to do with what any of us say.

Sod that. After 2 years of dullness we deserve to dream.

Fucks given about other fans thoughts on Wolves = 0

If you can't get carried away at the moment then what's the point. We all know football can slap you in face but while it is just a few fans getting carried away it means nothing. If Nuno comes out next week and invites us all to a promotion party that is different but he won't so all is good.

Hear fucking hear.

We are the best team in the division by some distance. I know that doesn't mean we'll end up winning the division but I am going to enjoy this while I can. Now I'm off to book time off work to recover from the Stadium of Light promotion party...

I fly to Portugal the day of the Sunderland game, so my supporters number will be available if required

(Some fans might think we are over confident here, planning a promotion party in November)
Ahem.

Half season tickets on sale now. Just got a 65+ one for my Dad for £150 in the Southbank which is pretty decent value and they are going to be like gold dust next season if we continue as we are.

how did you get it for 150, when website is showing 220 ?

Fair enough Gents, but I for one will not celebrate promotion until it happens. Yes we are the best team in the league, but injuries and suspensions could well come into play.

Fair enough Gents, but I for one will not celebrate promotion until it happens. Yes we are the best team in the league, but injuries and suspensions could well come into play.
I don't think anyone will celebrate something that hasn't happened.

how did you get it for 150, when website is showing 220 ?

Prices are as follows:
Billy Wright Upper.
£300 adults. £180 Over 65s/Under 21s. £35 Under 17s. £18 Under 12s. *
Billy Wright Lower/Sir Jack Hayward/Stan Cullis/Steve Bull Upper
£250 adults. £150 Over 65s/Under 21s. £35 Under 17s. £18 Under 12s. *

That's from the website on the article Wolves put out earlier.

So why is the promotion party being planned for our visit to Sunderland? Sorry but I just do not understand it.
It's not. You are taking some comments waaaaaay to seriously.

(But if you want to be part of it you will need to book early to get your seat on the TWF party bus to Sunderland...)

It's not. You are taking some comments waaaaaay to seriously.

(But if you want to be part of it you will need to book early to get your seat on the TWF party bus to Sunderland...)

No, too many people are presuming that promotion is guaranteed. In my experience football has a habit of kicking you up the backside when things are taken for granted.

Back