• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Bloody hell you're being difficult today. If you read what is written I have said this is a good advocate for TV reviews of goals. That way the ref can let play go on if they are not sure and always review it, chalk the goal off and send the player off.

I am trying to say the ref can make a decision in time rather than a split second decision and get it wrong.

Have you watched footage of VAR? It's tedious and contrary to the ebb and flow of football. I just don't see how we can integrate VAR and keep football exciting and fun to watch.

Further info on the Road Closures etc

I know Paddy was after the Bus one so here it is -

How will bus services be affected?

All bus services that usually run along Waterloo Road between Five Ways Island and Newhampton Road (including services that turn around in Jack Hayward Way) will be diverted along Stafford Street (in both directions) for a period commencing 90 minutes before the start of a Wolves home match. This will continue throughout the duration of the game until clearance is given at the end of the match to re-open the roads and return to normal routes.

All diverted services will use the existing bus stops on the section of Stafford Street between Five Ways Island and the Ring Road.

Services 3, 4, 62 and 62a will continue into the city centre via the inner ring road section of Stafford Street. The 5 and 5A will be diverted via Stafford Street, Ring Road St Peters and St Andrews, Chapel Ash Island and Darlington Street to continue into the city centre.

Rest of the shizzle here - https://www.wolves.co.uk/news/club/20171010-road-closures-information/

Have you watched footage of VAR? It's tedious and contrary to the ebb and flow of football. I just don't see how we can integrate VAR and keep football exciting and fun to watch.

Oh yes, they are doing their best to fuck it up. But in its most simple form it should be the same as rugby. Instead FIFA are making it some clandestine nonsense when the precedent from 2 different sports is already there. Tits.

Bloody hell you're being difficult today. If you read what is written I have said this is a good advocate for TV reviews of goals. That way the ref can let play go on if they are not sure and always review it, chalk the goal off and send the player off.

I am trying to say the ref can make a decision in time rather than a split second decision and get it wrong.

I am not being difficult at all. Just trying to explain the other side of the argument.

I am not being difficult at all. Just trying to explain the other side of the argument.

I've found it quite interesting Frank, I'm not a massive fan of referees (shock, I know), but it's interesting to see the process by which some of the odder decisions get made.

I've found it quite interesting Frank, I'm not a massive fan of referees (shock, I know), but it's interesting to see the process by which some of the odder decisions get made.

Most football fans see referees as a necessary evil....!!

The one important thing to note is that referees are obliged to officiate according to the laws of the game. And they can only abide by the laws as they are. To make a decision contrary to the laws as dictated by FIFA can only lead to problems for any referee or assistant referee hoping to reach the summit.

Only an eight minute appearance today for MGW for the England U17s. Won 3-2 vs Mexico (3-0 up after 55 minutes and did our best to throw it away)

The Scandinavian leagues were always a goldmine in the old Championship Manager days :)

Tell him just to scout Djurgarden !

Kim Kallstrom was also at Djurgarden and my claim to fame was I found him first !!!

Good news..many good players over here :) ..scout östersund, malmö for example

Kim Kallstrom was also at Djurgarden and my claim to fame was I found him first !!!

I still haven't forgiven Dave Jones for not signing him and saying that he "wasn't good enough".

Just stumbled across this little beaut from the Brum Mail from May

The rumours that Paul Lambert is considering his position at Molineux should have every Wolves fans scratching their heads in disbelief.
The reports suggest that the transfer policy that is expected in the summer won’t be agreeable to Lambert, so much so that he will walk.
If it happens, it is a disaster for a club trying to regain some composure after yet another period of erratic instability.
When Walter Zenga was appointed as Wolves boss and Fosun started throwing money around with eager delirium, I stated that it could go really wrong for the club.

I was right.

It was an experiment that backfired with a manager who had no suitability to the Championship whatsoever.
He was replaced with a hungry, wounded manager with a lot to prove, to himself, and to football.
He is also a manager with a very firm idea of what he needs to do and how he wants to do it.
To take on Wolves in such a mess and with such a baffling mix of playing staff, said a lot about Lambert.
His troubled and well-documented spell at Villa was a marriage made in hell, and he was forced at times to take the fall for a hierarchy who were steering the club in all kinds of wrong directions.

In short, there is no way he would have taken the Wolves job without plentiful reassurances that things would be done right and in an agreeable manner to him.
That was a big part of Lambert taking this job.
He wants to succeed at Wolves and should be trusted to do things his own way.
Lambert is willing to work with Jorge Mendes, make no mistake about that, this is a man who can bring in players like Helder Costa

He is also a man who can bring in the array of dross, players that Lambert is having to try and ship out.
Lambert is willing for a less is more approach to working with Mendes, he wants to see if they can unearth some gems together.
He doesn’t want to wade through a training ground full of another batch of summer experiments.
It has to be questioned as to who benefits from the Jorge Mendes tie-in? Sure Wolves will benefit from the Costa deal should he be sold as expected in the coming weeks.

Is that enough though to justify the obvious damage that the foreign implosion actually did at Molineux?
Lambert knows the value of Ben Marshall and Andi Weimann, he knows more of these players are needed throughout the team in order to slowly rebuild this Wolves team.

Another batch would destabilize the progress Lambert has made since taking over.
Forget the dalliances with relegation, some bouts of uninspiring football and the constantly changing team selections.
Wolves don’t have a team anywhere near capable of competing for Championship honours.

A summer of solid Lambert signings and common sense thinking is EXACTLY what the club needs.

Team spirit and philosophies have to be married carefully with expectations, formations and the choice of players wearing the shirt.
This is where Lambert is a man who has learned from his previous jobs.
I said before Paul Lambert was appointed that he was the right man for the Molineux dugout.
I stated after he was appointed that he was the right choice.

I even kept my nerve and said he was the right man when they were hovering above the relegation places.
Now I am saying that it would be tantamount to disaster if they let him leave now.
The summer will see many exits from Molineux and a much calmer spending spree than the last pre-season.
There is no doubt in my mind that when the 2017-2018 season kicks off, Wolves will be in a very strong position to challenge for promotion.
That will only happen with, Paul Lambert.
Not with a yes man with no Championship credentials.

Wonder if Steve Wollaston still backs his opinion. A top read
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/opinion-paul-lambert-way-more-13020687

He's your man who wrote the terrible preview for this game where his assessment of how Villa could hurt Wolves was hilariously wide of the mark. Although I thank him for that in retrospect, as it appears Brucie Bruce read it and followed it to the letter.

Lambert is willing to work with Jorge Mendes

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Big of him! Thankfully Mendes wasn't willing to work with Lambert.

What a load of tosh that article is, would like to hear his updated opinion.

I was so happy they fucked Lambert off and even happier that there was a plan in place for replacing him with a far far superior man.

Nuno and Lambert, its like night and day

Back