• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Some nice competition for places once Marshall and Costa return let's hope both are over their respective problems. I think with Marshall and Douglas at WB we have gone from having the worst options in the league to arguably the best.

And with Cav, Costa, Jota all playing for spots we have to push for automatic promotion.

Let's hope Marshall and Costa get minutes at Southampton.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

We are not going to go through the season without injuries so there will be playing time for most - at least we shouldn't have to shoe horn people into unfamiliar/unsuitable positions this time

The reserve team is probably (in the same shape, and without signing a striker, which we will):

---------------Norris-------------

----Bennett----Coady---Batth------

Doherty*---Ronan----Price-----Vinagre

------Graham**--Dicko-----Cav-----

No place for Dave...and probably better than most teams we sent out last season.

*German Phil when fit

** Or Bright if you prefer

---------------Ruddy-------------

------Boly----Miranda---Hause-----

Marshall---Neves----Saiss------Douglas

---------Costa-------Jota--------------

--------------New ST--------------------

That's just silly.

Back in May, if anyone had said we would have these kind of players at Molinuex, the men in white coats would have been called...

Back in May, if anyone had said we would have these kind of players at Molinuex, the men in white coats would have been called...

If I hadn't been at the Boro game & seen it for my own eyes, then would think that it was a dream & I would wake up soon.

I'm delighted that Marshall's injury isn't as bad as I secretly feared it was. The wing back position is so crucial to this system and also labour intensive, we need more than just 1 option there. Marshall/POA/Doc and Baz/Vinagre/Doc is good depth if we can keep them fit and they should all get the game time they desire if we manage them correctly.

Happy about MGW as well, I think he's a ridiculous talent and think he could have a great season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him establish himself as 3rd choice behind Neves & Saiss given the opportunity.

Yeah, I hope he gets his chance. I like that we have a strong squad but can also depends upon him, Ronan and Bright. They won't let us down and I honestly think the same of Ennis when he is back even though we all want a striker!

Young Wolf et al will be pleased. saints charging us just £10 for the League Cup game.

I initially was pleased with £8 for 18-21 and then realised I'm now 22...

Does Marshall have the engine to get up and down all game in this system? I genuinely don't know as I didn't see too much of him at the back end of last season.

Marshall is smart enough to position himself so that he doesn't need to bust a lung getting up and down. Plus he's about 50x the dribbler and crosser Doherty is.

Oldwolf ?? I have socks that are older than him :)

Has Marshall's injury seen him get into nunos plans? Nuno has literally never seen him live. I'm hoping one session if watching his touch, technique and delivery will have him in the Squad.

Has Marshall's injury seen him get into nunos plans? Nuno has literally never seen him live. I'm hoping one session if watching his touch, technique and delivery will have him in the Squad.

As I've said before, if Nuno hasn't watched the games Marshall was involved in last season I'll shit my pants.

As I've said before, if Nuno hasn't watched the games Marshall was involved in last season I'll shit my pants.

What? Nooooooo. This is football, it's not like one of them real life jobs. NES will have just turned up on the first day with no clue who any of his players are and just fudged it. Why would he take advantage of the wealth of information his own agency will have collected after being involved with Wolves for over a year? Far too much like hard work. After all, as a slavering Welsh fuckwit once said, "football isn't rocket science".

People did give Ståle a ton of flak for having his infamous DVDs, remember.

Did they?

Stale got flak because he was expecting players to do stuff that they obviously couldn't do. Nuno has already shown he won't do that, when he played Edwards on Tuesday he didn't ask him to do his best Ruben Neves impression (although if I ever need a laugh, I would quite like to see that).

some ridiculous options right there..just thought about Zyro also..wonder what will happen to him, bet he will be in the mix too if he can get up to his best again

Back