• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Ticket for Bournemouth bought!

It'd be just as embarrassing going into the club Shop and asking for that as wearing it.

Considering the Bournemouth game. Just not sure whether I can get there in time after work as it's an absolute bastard of a place to get to.

Have my ticket for Bournmouth (thanks Mike for the supporter number, though looks as if I would probably have got one on my own point score this time - still no point in taking chances). No problems with access as being driven down by a Bournmouth S/T holder then leaving him to get in the away end. Fortunately he's a reasonable bloke so should hopefully get a lift back if we win.

Penk have PM'd my number as well - would be good to have company (ignore if you want :icon_smile:)

A Tweet that just caught my attention

Old Gold Glory ‏@OldGoldGlory
Looks like Sam Ricketts is being used in a player coach type role. He was coaching Batth and Stearman on the pitch before last night's game.

Just saw that myself. Hope he makes a good coach, I'd like to see him stay at the club in some capacity beyond this season

They've been talking about it on MolMix this morning.

Re above - put out officially on the Wolves site

Would like to see him continue down this route with us as think he would be a good influence, but at 33 (younger than I thought) he may want to continue playing for a couple of years, We are unlikely to offer another contract, so assume he will leave at the end of the season.

He is still capable of playing at this level.

I don't think he is. I think the legs have gone, but he could still be a brilliant acquisition for a league one club.

I don't think he is. I think the legs have gone, but he could still be a brilliant acquisition for a league one club.

You could well be right as none of us has really seen him play this year, but would still like to keep him here as he's clearly an influence.

Was on the team coach down to Bournemouth despite not being in the playing squad.

I don't think his "legs have gone". His actual performances when in the team have been ok but the results were not. I think our defence averages around 3 or 4 goals conceded when he has played but he certainly didn't look like he was on his last legs.

Nice video!

Annoying of course that Golbourne is involved 3-4 times in that goal well up the pitch...and he hasn't started since that game...

I wonder if Afobe has a chance of making the England U21s squad given that Harry Kane will be with the full team. He turned 22 last month but I think he is still eligible.

I think the rule is you have to be 21 or younger at some point during the same season that the international game is happening? I don't know whether the next season begins before the summer internationals or after, though.

For the tournaments isn't doesn't the time frame extend back to the start of qualification? So if you were youn enough when qualifers started you can go to the tournament?

I wonder if Afobe has a chance of making the England U21s squad given that Harry Kane will be with the full team. He turned 22 last month but I think he is still eligible.

Depends. Is Southgate going to be allowed to take all those who are eligible or be forced to take a "weakened" side like in previous tournaments?

Other than Ricketts and Edwards for Wales, has anyone else earned a call up for next weekend?

Back