• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Fulham - 85 goals
Wolves - 54 goals

I sure have enjoyed Dave's run of 1 goal in 19 games. Maybe he can match the 1 goal in 31 games run he went on between Nov 2015 and Oct 2016.

Imagine even trying to argue that Edwards > McDonald :icon_lol:

McDonald passes; 2,184 (86% accuracy)
Edwards passes 1,018 (76%)

Not including cup games either. I know who is a more effective player there. Edwards isn't the difference maker some make out. We've also lost more than we've won when Edwards scores.

Of course it may be unfair to compare him to a better ball player so let's compare Dave to a goal scoring midfielder:

Edwards goals, shots, assists: 10, 62 (59% accuracy), 2.
Tom Cairney; 11, 102 (52%), 10.

McDonald passes; 2,184 (86% accuracy)
Edwards passes 1,018 (76%)

Not including cup games either. I know who is a more effective player there. Edwards isn't the difference maker some make out. We've also lost more than we've won when Edwards scores.

Of course it may be unfair to compare him to a better ball player so let's compare Dave to a goal scoring midfielder:

Edwards goals, shots, assists: 10, 62 (59% accuracy), 2.
Tom Cairney; 11, 102 (52%), 10.

Also an unfair comparison, Tom Cairney is both a better ball player and a better goal scoring midfielder. Be fair Johnny. Where's the comparison with Lee Frecklington?

Make it Mark Fotheringham and Dave will come out on top.

Also an unfair comparison, Tom Cairney is both a better ball player and a better goal scoring midfielder. Be fair Johnny. Where's the comparison with Lee Frecklington?

Lee Frecklington (only 22 games) passes, goals, shots, assists; 518 (75% accuracy, 82% forwards), 1, 32, 1
Will Vailks 902 (65%), 1, 30, 1

Dave would get into Rotherham's team :)

How exactly did Rotherham manage to field such a poor side if there aren't issues with the ownership/management?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

How exactly did Rotherham manage to field such a poor side if there aren't issues with the ownership/management?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

They were always a small club for this level. A miracle that they stayed up last year and they made a poor managerial appointment in the summer. Fine lines.

Their metrics for defenders are totally fucked up. Check their teams of the week, penny to a pound that if a defender scores a goal they'll be in there. Forget all that pesky "closing down" and "marking" stuff.

As a site for raw data for stuff like passing stats it's ok but I don't/can't take them seriously on a lot of matters.

It's batshit mental all over. Look at it FFS.

C_TYbJuXYAEloJb.jpg:large

It's batshit mental all over. Look at it FFS.

C_TYbJuXYAEloJb.jpg:large

Zohore didn't even start a game for Cardiff until mid-December. How exactly is he getting in a team of the season ahead of Gayle, Murray, Abraham etc?

Their metrics for defenders are totally $#@!ed up. Check their teams of the week, penny to a pound that if a defender scores a goal they'll be in there. Forget all that pesky "closing down" and "marking" stuff.

As a site for raw data for stuff like passing stats it's ok but I don't/can't take them seriously on a lot of matters.

The Garth Crooks method.

I think the bright side to things like this is how it increases the chances that some people will buy it and then hopefully buy him.

On closer inspection Barnsley had the fourth worst defensive record in the division. Definitely a great call to have two of their defenders included.

Reading let in 64 too, more than Burton and Wigan, the same as Blues and only one fewer than Blackburn. So we'll have their comedy keeper in as well.

On closer inspection Barnsley had the fourth worst defensive record in the division. Definitely a great call to have two of their defenders included.

Reading let in 64 too, more than Burton and Wigan, the same as Blues and only one fewer than Blackburn. So we'll have their comedy keeper in as well.

Stop wasting time in here and hurry up and post your season review, young man.

Stop wasting time in here and hurry up and post your season review, young man.

:icon_lol:

I'm writing it now. It's longer than I thought though. You know what I'm like, why use 50 words when 550 will do.

Back