• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Lambert said:
Lambert knows it may not be a quick fix to rectify that poor home form.

"I spoke to some managers after the game and whoever we're playing has watched us previously and said that if you get the crowd against them things will turn," Lambert said.

"You know that's what teams can look at...'if we bed in for 15-20 minutes and nick a goal the crowd can get against them'.

Read more at http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...-lambert-we-need-a-break/#7vSf13ZTLB9GdrlU.99

If the article is correct then Lambert has moved very quickly to the old 'its the fans fault we are shit at home' line. It's equally not true, the fans have been great when I've been this season and even last season through the 0-0 shit fests

Yeah, it's not true. Bar the odd isolated incident the fans have been very good over the last two seasons, far more so than the team has deserved.

It was bollocks 20+ years ago too.

We don't break teams down at home because we have a fucking rank midfield with the creative instinct of Milli Vanilli.

Not so sure of the 20 years ago part - the 'Turner must go's started almost with the kick off a few times.

I'd say antipathy towards the manager is a separate issue.

The myth is that if it's still 0-0 after 15-20 minutes our fans get hugely frustrated that we, the mighty Wolverhampton Wanderers, who have spent all bar four of the last 32 years in this division or lower, haven't scored against whichever lowly chumps have been sent here to be dispatched and start throwing the toys. It's not true and never has been.

I'd say antipathy towards the manager is a separate issue.

The myth is that if it's still 0-0 after 15-20 minutes our fans get hugely frustrated that we, the mighty Wolverhampton Wanderers, who have spent all bar four of the last 32 years in this division or lower, haven't scored against whichever lowly chumps have been sent here to be dispatched and start throwing the toys. It's not true and never has been.

You are right factually but home defeats to Wigan, QPR, 10 man blues in free fall, really don't help any fans mood. Just remember 14 wins against n 45 home games. Any teams fans would be pissed at that. Ours have been positively saintly given the shite served at times

Well isn't that the point?

Through a sequence of utter bilge at home the fans have actually stayed onside.

The twenty minutes and the fans get on the teams back trope just isn't that true at the moment.

If the article is correct then Lambert has moved very quickly to the old 'its the fans fault we are $#@! at home' line. It's equally not true, the fans have been great when I've been this season and even last season through the 0-0 $#@! fests

I'd go with this, I think Lambert is the biggest PR disaster we've had since Saunders and I think Thelwell will conveniently hide behind this when necessary.

I would caveat the article with the fact this seems to be snippets of an interview on WM and is essentially Britney producing click bait. The bunglecunt that he is.

I'd go with this, I think Lambert is the biggest PR disaster we've had since Saunders and I think Thelwell will conveniently hide behind this when necessary.

I would caveat the article with the fact this seems to be snippets of an interview on WM and is essentially Britney producing click bait. The bunglecunt that he is.
Seriously?! I really don't understand why you hate Lambert so much.

Seriously?! I really don't understand why you hate Lambert so much.

I don't hate him at all, I'm merely judging him on the previous managers. His PR is atrocious, his style of play no different than Jackett and his transfer market acumen a bit meh. I don't see what there is to like so far.

I'm more bothered about him saying whether Costa is here or not does not affect our recruitment plans. I don't see how that stacks up on any level

I suppose I better take Alan seriously now he'll be watching the games next season..

It's a ridiculous rule, mired in about 1965 like much of the governing bodies' thinking.

I've mentioned it before but every single Bundesliga game has been shown live in Germany since at least the time that I lived there. I moved in 2001. Highest average attendances in Europe by an absolute mile.

It's a ridiculous rule, mired in about 1965 like much of the governing bodies' thinking.

I've mentioned it before but every single Bundesliga game has been shown live in Germany since at least the time that I lived there. I moved in 2001. Highest average attendances in Europe by an absolute mile.

he 1960s when I lived in Germany, many of the Bundesliga games were shown live on TV and attendances at games were high.

My first reaction to the streaming info is one of curiosity.

http://www.efl.com/news/article/201...-global-fans-3703898.aspx#b34a5F2UVm6WAMMJ.99

On the face of it you should be able to sign up, then apply a VPN and watch all Wolves matches but it may well not be the case. One particular streaming company bans anyone accessing their streams via VPN, TOR or anonymous proxy, I suspect this may well be the case here else we could all do it.

It won't take long for some clever person to get round any restrictions. A foreign VPN seems obvious so might be blocked but it's going to be difficult to prevent UK streams. Presumably this will replace the "wonderful" player HD service enjoyed by some so it will be available legally here anyway.
Inevitable development that might enable us to grow an overseas fan base and is great for those who can't or won't go to games but there's got to be a concern about effect on attendances if it is easily available.

Is the EFL contravening some law by allowing other parts of Europe to see these games but not UK? I think some of the dodgy pubs who used to get satellite meant for other countries argued the same thing.....dunno what happened though

Every service gets cracked these days. Hoping this does. Bullshit that other countries get to watch them and we don't.

Back