• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Dear Wolves

Massive queue versus none at Dudley Street.

I won't bother thanks.

"To service fans who have traditionally bought their tickets from the city centre store location, other viable solutions are being considered and will be communicated in due course"

Just had an email to advise that as Wolves are re launching the main website in June this year & will not be part of the EFL Digital system (which provides generic shit sites) that Wolves Player will be switched off & my auto renewal cancelled.

Good - it was a very poor system, just hope that whatever they are going to put in place via the new platform is better (& hopefully at least no more expensive!)

Looks like all games are going to be available for streaming next season. But you'll probably need an overseas IP address (not hard) and it'll be pay per game (depends how much it is I suppose)

Looks like all games are going to be available for streaming next season. But you'll probably need an overseas IP address (not hard) and it'll be pay per game (depends how much it is I suppose)

that's me sorted then !! result !

That sounds ace! Does that include u23, u18 games etc?

No idea chief.

EFL Digital (formerly Football League Interactive FLi) is today delighted to announce the dual appointment of Realise and NeuLion as its new long-term digital partners.

Following one of the most comprehensive procurement processes in the history of the EFL, in which over 175 of the world’s leading digital agencies expressed an interest, the final two have now been selected for a contract that runs until the end of the 2022/23 season.

Highlights of the deal include:

- Seven-year term, including one-year build;
- New sites go live in July 2017;
- All sites built responsively and optimised for desktop, tablet and mobile;
- Flexible approach to design and site layout;
- Video on demand (VOD) of all EFL fixtures;
- Video streaming to be delivered in HD;
- New commercial opportunities via the latest in video advertising;
- Subscription management and e-billing payments;
- Secure, future proofed platforms including foreign language capabilities.

I thought we'd binned off the EFL digital offering and partnered with aqueduct instead? I guess we can still sub to the EFL one to watch games though?

You'd think we can cherrypick that bit of the agreement. No way we'd cut ourselves out of that opportunity...surely.

Dunno, if the EFL own the rights to streaming i guess wolves at the very least would have to pay to show them through their digital platform maybe as a % of what wolves get.

Would we turn it down because we have digital streaming rights in China?

Hmm, does that new EFL deal mean that every club's games *will* be streamed online, or simply that the functionality will be there if a club wants to take it up? I can imagine a lot of clubs would actually be against the idea - smaller ones especially that rely on gate receipts from larger clubs' away followings - because of the effect on attendances.

Wouldn't surprise me if we end up with a bespoke deal with a Chinese broadcaster instead of dedicated online streaming.

I think the dedicated overseas e-mail address is the way they get around it. Don't forget, Saturday 3pm live streaming is still against the rules in the UK full stop.

Ah - my bad. So more like the available 90 minute re-run that Fulham have offered for years then. I would imagine that the live will be available overseas for us (or at least our new Chinese fans)

It seems very poor to me that in this day and age we don't yet have access to full 90 minute re-runs of matches.

Tbh I don't see live streaming stopping me going to away game or even home matches. Some people may be different, but there's more to it than just being able to watch the game

Oh I totally agree Punts, but the problem is that those in charge of the game DO see it that way, and that is a pretty significant barrier.

Back