• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

The curse!!!!!! Won't somebody think of the curse!!!!!!??????!!!! That's the Bristol away day ruined :/

Yup! We might as well go to some quiet and relaxed micro-breweries now instead of loud fun away pubs!

Now you're talking my language!

Delighted for Paul Lambert - what a turnaround it's been.

This has been such a fucked up season - whilst performances and results have been a massive disappointment, there have been some great highlights as well. I just hope for more consistency and a genuine promotion push next season.

Jeff in not so many words says we're going for it next season. One transfer window away from being a very good team..

Jeff says Kevin is part of a very good team...We're fooked on new signings

He said something similar about Jackett.

Jeff says Kevin is part of a very good team...We're fooked on new signings

Not unless his part is "you say yes to Mendes"

Nice zinger on Moxey and co...letting Sako and Afobe go and not getting replacements for them hurt the club in the long term (although Joe Mason is probably thinking fuck you Jeff, fuck you)

He said we want a team where we are strong in every position and a strong bench !!!

He admits you cannot have a successful team comprising of a couple of star players and the rest average. He admits that the team needs strengthening in some areas.

Hold onto your hats boys and girls we are in for an interesting summer

The cosy existence at Wolves for quite a few is coming to an end !!!

Cannot wait for next season !!!

Money also readily available as long as the player has the capacity to improve & be worth more later - we would all agree with that

Seems to have his head screwed on & they are here for the long haul as long as we meet targets

“I’ve been quite unlucky sometimes and then not unlucky sometimes and made the wrong choice, the Brentford game when I hit the crossbar, I’ve had the chances sometimes but not done the right thing,” he added.
Nouha Dicko. Good that he has the awareness. Hopefully a full pre-season will help him get back to either the player he was, or he can adapt his game to be similarly effective.

it's a well measured interview from jeff. acknowledges he's still learning. confidence we're building and have the resources to strengthen. no attempt to champion mediocrity, which is nice.

Money also readily available as long as the player has the capacity to improve & be worth more later - we would all agree with that

Seems to have his head screwed on & they are here for the long haul as long as we meet targets

This is all well and good on paper but I guarantee when we sell players (which is what he is saying here) he will be lambasted as having no ambition. The players who become worth more will likely be ones that have delivered on the pitch. Our Express and Star fans aren't going to take kindly to their heroes being sold despite the fact that they will have had ample warning.

This is all well and good on paper but I guarantee when we sell players (which is what he is saying here) he will be lambasted as having no ambition. The players who become worth more will likely be ones that have delivered on the pitch. Our Express and Star fans aren't going to take kindly to their heroes being sold despite the fact that they will have had ample warning.

Fair comment - though of our current players probably only Costa falls into that category.

I would love him to still be with us next season, but if not then the return would hopefully allow us to bring in 3 to 4 players for various positions much better than we have now (though I am aware that not all signings come off). Jeff rightly said that having 1 or 2 stars with the rest not being of a good enough quality doesn't get you promoted - the whole team has to be towards being Championship best to give yourself the best chance.

Will Fosun invest if say Costa is sold - I think so, there was a very lightly veiled reference to previous failings of not replacing when Sako & Afobe went.

says it all really, that their intent is getting to the premier. if they sell their best player and do not reinvest the money, then it can't happen. simple.

says it all really, that their intent is getting to the premier. if they sell their best player and do not reinvest the money, then it can't happen. simple.

Should have worded my reply in stronger terms - I don't just think that they will reinvest if Costa does go - I am certain they will.

They don't give me the impression that they are here to piss around or that this is just a 'vanity' project for them.

He said we want a team where we are strong in every position and a strong bench !!!

He admits you cannot have a successful team comprising of a couple of star players and the rest average. He admits that the team needs strengthening in some areas.

Hold onto your hats boys and girls we are in for an interesting summer

The cosy existence at Wolves for quite a few is coming to an end !!!

Cannot wait for next season !!!

Is there an echo in here from Summer 2016/2015/2014/...? All the elements for success seem to be in place now, at least. I'm praying we can finally lift the 'Abandon hope, all ye who enter here' curse we've been under for the past God knows how many seasons. If anyone can do it, it's Fosun.

Back