• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Oddly Rafa has said the players knows he made a mistake but the punishment is harsh.

Should be an interesting atmosphere when they pop down next year.

Wolves fans booing Shelvey.
Newcastle fans and Deutsch booing Doherty

I have said before I like Shelvey as a playmaker, but that comment suggest he hasnt very high IQ

Does seem to be a distinct case of Newcastle trying to quickly sweep this under the carpet.

Six years ago today:

2d94a56e5e11487eab529cb2883371f0.jpg

Fuck off Reina.

I was trying to remember the team shape for that game after being reminded of the players that played. This right?

Hennessey

Zubar Stearman Berra Elokobi

Foley Milijas Hunt

Jarvis SEB Ward

Straight 4-4-2 I think. Jarvo on the right and Wardy up top with SEB.

442 wasn't it? Jarvis out on the left leaving just the two up top.

Yeah Ward was up front in a 4-4-2. I was slating Ward mercilessly in the pub and I got a right load of stick when he poked the ball under Reina, well taken goal it was as well.

442 wasn't it? Jarvis out on the left leaving just the two up top.

If I remember rightly Foley and Milijas were in the centre, Hunt out left and Jarvis right. Could be wrong though, my memory is shit.

If I remember rightly Foley and Milijas were in the centre, Hunt out left and Jarvis right. Could be wrong though, my memory is shit.
Didn't spot Hunt in the midfield actually, certainly makes more sense to have Foley as the other central player and then Hunt/Jarvis on whichever wing.

That defence :icon_lol:

It has no right to keep a clean sheet in any Premier League game ever.

The start of the other Fosun companies coming in at Wolves - Partnership with Club Med announced - Initial deal running until July 2017 (runs out and they become Shirt Sponsors maybe?)

Great, we've signed Ikeme up again. I love bog standard bottom six Championship keepers.

Happy with that, I know I'm in a minority but I like Ikeme and other than last season has always looked a solid keeper to me.

I'd be happy with him as a backup, no more :)

I would be very surprised if Ikeme is no1 at the start of next season, if we have any ambitions of getting promoted he isn't good enough. As a back up keeper sitting on the bench I have no issues with him at all, it also means the likes of Flatt/Burgoyne can get some more first team experience on loan.

Similar thing with Edwards, he shouldn't be anywhere near the first team come start of next season, a squad player at best.

Poor. He's been average for the last few years, he's hardly gonna improve. This is an excellent example of why Thelwell needs to go, he's more interested in keeping the old guard sweet.

As I said before, this doesn't concern me as I don't think it necessarily means we won't bring another keeper in, particularly with the Ruddy link and the Lambert connection. I would imagine we could get a few hundred grand for him as well if we wanted to sell. He'd be the kind of backup you wouldn't be concerned about having to play half a dozen games a season - I'd bin Lonergan off and sign a first choice in the Summer.

Back