• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

More importantly - did they ask about the screens?

Shelvey not appealing. I'm sure he will be 'welcomed' when we play them in Feb.

Shelvey not appealing. I'm sure he will be 'welcomed' when we play them in Feb.
According to Twitter he called Saiss a 'couscous nonce'

I'm not really sure footballers live in the real world....

I think that's unlikely as I fail to see how that's particularly racist.

I read the rumour that he said "smelly arab" which is more realistic.

I think that's unlikely as I fail to see how that's particularly racist.

I read the rumour that he said "smelly arab" which is more realistic.
Equally, who would actually say that? Bizarre.

Equally, who would actually say that? Bizarre.

Newcastle fan I work with up here has said he's heard that he called Saiss a "smelly arab" but he questioned why, if that is the case, it took so long to be reported to the FA and dealt with

It was reported to the ref at the final whistle.

The FA have to take their time and investigate it fairly and properly.

If Shelvey is so adamant that he did not say what he was reported as saying, why didn't he appeal it?

Because he doesn't think the panel will change their mind, regardless.

It's in the BBC article.

There seems to be no evidence other than his word against the 3 Wolves players, so the only realistic option open to him is to appeal the punishment which at about 2 weeks wages and 5 games is already pretty lenient for the offence he is accused of and I think reflects the lack of evidence. If it had been picked up on a microphone, heard by an official or could be lipread he'd be looking at 8-10 matches in my view. It's not a criminal case so as with the John Terry one they aren't looking to prove a case beyond reasonable doubt, just the balance of probability. Without us hearing the evidence, looking in from the outside 3 Wolves players all presumably all hearing the same thing when neither they nor the club stand to benefit from it means he probably did say it and if he didn't he has no way of proving it

Alan Brazil covered himself in glory yesterday bemoaning the modern game and how you can't give "a bit of verbal" without being grassed up...

The good old days when causal racism was just a bit of bantz

Heard that to another pundit on talkshite who should have been binned off years ago.

It's political correctness gone mad.

"Don't phone in saying 'that's racist' - it's NOT."

Only listen to Talkshite breakfast show if my DAB radio isn't picking up absolute radio especially if his side kick is Micky Quinn.

"Don't phone in saying 'that's racist' - it's NOT."
In the new era of the acceptability of causal racism which 2016 is, to many it probably isn't. Look at the response from many Newcastle fans on social media, comparing it to Shelvey getting abuse for being bald, stating that he is an Arab and if he smelt all he was doing was telling the truth and that if it was a foreign player calling an English one smelly nothing woukd have happened.

Back