• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Our defensive problems won't be solved by 1 player, especially one that has been crocked for a year. If anyone at the club believes that it will, then they can fook off and join Saunders in the $#@!wit club.

I give you Kevin Thelwell....

It all depends on how much the injury has taken out of him, if he returns as he was when he was on loan its massive for us. On the other hand he may not be the same, Shirtliff and De Wolf spring to mind both quality CB's who werent the same following a serious injury. We can't take that risk, I don't think Lambert is that stupid (hoping not to be corrected on that)

We MUST sign a quality CB in January along with a LB as a bare minimum. We need midfielders and strikers if we really want to make some headway.

I still think Iorfa will go on to play in the prem, right now hes low on confidence but its all there he just needs to be taken out for a while and allowed to get his shit together. I also think Batth will be alright once hes had a rest, I dont think hes the answer long term but he is well below form at the moment.

Looks like Gladon has had it.

And now Lambert has criticised the 24-year-old – who scored a hat-trick for the under-23s against Norwich recently – for 'not doing enough'.

"Paul Gladon isn’t fit enough and hasn’t done enough to force my hand on that," Lambert said yesterday.

"I don’t think he’s up to speed for this division.

"It’s a league where we’ve got to go Saturday – Tuesday – Saturday – Tuesday."

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...7/wolves-striker-paul-gladon-not-up-to-speed/

Read that article on Gladon, speaks volumes for Thelwell as there is no chance that is a Mendes signing. Didn't see that much of him, just doesn't look anywhere close to being good enough for this level at 1 million he could go straight into DW's tatfest.

A centre-back with a bit of nous is a must.

I've read a few articles / interviews with Lambert this morning. He's saying the championship is demanding physically and saying he needs to rotate players but it's hard and then says the squad is too big

Okay I give up - where did you find the subtitles option? Looked all over for it.

I half expect to see some geezer signing in the corner of the screen to! Mumble mumble mumble .te Ba fear wa didnae dufeend bod fear the forst half but sum players need taeguv mere!

I half expect to see some geezer signing in the corner of the screen to! Mumble mumble mumble .te Ba fear wa didnae dufeend bod fear the forst half but sum players need taeguv mere!

Absolute disgrace for Lambert to say that Gladon isn't up to Championship football, when :
1. We only recently paid a mil for him.
2. We'll clearly be trying to sell or loan him in the next month
3. He's basically putting the boot in to the lad's future career.

Some things are best left unsaid.

I've read a few articles / interviews with Lambert this morning. He's saying the championship is demanding physically and saying he needs to rotate players but it's hard and then says the squad is too big
So what he's really saying is the squad is big and shite

It's incredible how we've managed to amass such a wealth of shite. How is the DoF still got a job??

Tim Spiers reckons Silvio is out for 4 months with a broken foot.

I can understand the video feeds from insurgents in the caves of Tora Bora better than I can understand Paul Lambert.
I've yet to hear him speak as Wolves manager. Not watched one video yet.

Blues at home moved to Friday night for Sky.

Not really unprecedented as we've played them twice at home on a Friday before (won 2-1 in December 1999 and won 1-0 in December 2012). Although it does mean Sky have gone on another run of showing us at home multiple times in quick succession, that's a run of three out of five home games in Jan and Feb that are televised now. They did similar last season when they bizarrely put us on three times in a row in December and at the back end of 14/15, same thing, three in a row.

Equally oddly they always seem to show our home game vs Blues but rarely the away game. Only one of the last five league games at St Andrews has been shown.

Blues at home moved to Friday night for Sky.

Equally oddly they always seem to show our home game vs Blues but rarely the away game. Only one of the last five league games at St Andrews has been shown.

Shit ground

Jonjo Shelvy given a 5 match ban and 100k fine for racially abusing Saiss.

Back