• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

I think I've only seen him play once, when United beat us 3-0 with a James Wilson hat trick. From memory he didn't look great (way too timid) but that was three years ago now. All the other times it's been McCarey or Burgoyne in goal.

I'm backing your cat all day ahead of Lonergan. I don't care if he's only got three legs.

If one of Ikeme or Lonergan gets injured (whatever you think of them as far as quality is concerned) then if he were not here then you are down into the youth teams for bench cover

Either need a keeper at the very tail end of his career & moving towards coaching who can provide bench cover if needed (keepers only tend to be substituted due to injury) or preferably a better No 1 & both Ikeme & Lonergan move down the pecking order.

Lonergan is probably as good an experienced number 2 as we are going to get for where we are at. What is killing Flatt and no doubt a few other younger players is the end of the 28 day loan or the longer loan recall option within league clubs. We can't take the risk on sending him out for 4 months at a time, but his development is the poorer for it.

Whilst clearly some clubs abused the loan system the lack of it now hampers development of younger players who would benefit.

As said sending players out is a risk when wen can't get them back if needed

I don't recall saying that! Prior to Monday I'd only ever seen him a handful of times, mostly from the bench, about the "best" chance he got was half an hour against Blackburn and an hour against Rotherham at the back end of last season, both times out of position wide on the right. From memory I didn't give him a sparkling review on either of those occasions but with the massive caveat that it was shite management from Ken to play him there and to give him such paltry opportunities, especially when Sig and Alfie were getting starts and both were quite obviously going to get binned. Oh, and we signed Holt earlier in the season as well.

Monday was the first ever time I'd seen him play more or less where he's supposed to play. Definitely the first time I'd ever seen him play for one of the age group teams.

Bradley Reid is who I don't rate.

For nothing games, I like Sheff Wednesday at home last season, I don't have an issue with taking the money and giving additional tickets in the quadrant. For Villa at home though it's just fucking stupid, why give them the advantage of an extra 1800 fans?

Agreed, but I'd rather have the empty seats than the £50kish and 1800 more Villa fans. It's giving them an advantage that we don't need to.

Unlikely that we would have sold out, but cannot see the point of giving Villa that many seats (we won't sell out out even once we have done that so gained nothing)

It'll give the plod more of a headache now it's a 5.30pm kick-off.

Pulis: "Berahino will play tonight for our development side against Wolves. It'll be his first game for a few months."

Oniangue played against West Brom yesterday. Could be back in the first team picture soon.

Back