• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Newcastle at home moved to 5.30 for Sky.

Incoming posts about how it's a disgrace etc...

Just inconvenient with having to book a hotel and then go out drinking in Wolverhampton with friends ;)

I think it helps they have the 50+1 rule of ownership too. Clubs can't get away with shit CEO's or bad ticket pricing for very long and unsurprisingly the culture is more centred around the fans and player development rather than a bunch of greedy fuckers trying to screw fans for every penny whilst claiming they are the best in the business.

Not to miss this point (maybe worthy of a thread on its own) - I would like to see some genuine kind of fan representation at board level in English football, the question is who. If it were someone like Danks or some of the special people I had the pleasure of meeting on the FP, they'd do more harm than good.

Not to miss this point (maybe worthy of a thread on its own) - I would like to see some genuine kind of fan representation at board level in English football, the question is who. If it were someone like Danks or some of the special people I had the pleasure of meeting on the FP, they'd do more harm than good.

Blog article waiting to be written,

The wrong type of fans representation on football boards.

I agree it would be good to have fan representation on the board and to actually have some power in voting things through. Danks is a genuinely thick idiot and to volatile on social media to even be considered. I'd like to think it was somebody who new (or was at least bright enough to learn) what a non-exec director is and does.

I can't see it happening at all with FOSUN in ownership though as it isn't really the Chinese way.

There is little to no chance of it going beyond FP levels under Fosun (in fact I doubt that the Parliament will last too much longer anyway).

Most of what I heard in my time on the parliament was people interested in their own problems, often at the level of minutiae. So many times the same items were discussed again and a-fucking-gain.

Fan representation will be a gimmick, has no real place in British Corporate governance, and is the first step to management by committee, which never worked anywhere.

Still, the FP had some uses. At least Golbourne and his scruffy undershirt has gone.

Is Danks the super-fan guy on twitter? Not sure 'thick idiot' is fair unless you know him though? He seems pretty clued up to me from his tweets. Knows the game but a little too opinionated at times, but guess that's what twitter's for!

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. The way he puts his opinion across is terrible though - full of passive aggressive braggadocio - and he makes up some utter cock about his football knowledge both Wolves and non-Wolves related (it's incredibly transparent too, if you ever challenge him he backs right off). It annoys me that the official Wolves Twitter indulge him, he doesn't speak for anyone other than himself.

That's exactly the kind of person I would not want representing the fans at board level, were it an option.

Interestingly I still get the parliament emails, although my term ended a long time ago. Looks like there is one coming up on 20th December and messrs Dalrymple and Lambert will be attending.

Is Danks the super-fan guy on twitter? Not sure 'thick idiot' is fair unless you know him though? He seems pretty clued up to me from his tweets. Knows the game but a little too opinionated at times, but guess that's what twitter's for!

I think his knowledge is average at best, he lacks understanding of the game of football itself. He's clued up on players and where they play but that in itself doesn't transpire to knowledge and his is very weak as Deutsch says if challenged. He resorts to how much he watches and has paid to watch home and away rather than actual knowledge.

So yes he's a 'thick idiot'.

Brewdog have launched their Lone Wolf range of spirits to their shareholders today, compete with their rip off Wolves branding.

I take it Fosun aren't as bothered about it as Moxey was?

More likely they will stamp on brew dog when they want, or have received a nice fat licencing fee.

Bright and Flatt have both signed new contracts. Bright has a 2.5 year deal with a year in our favour.

Great news on Bright, I can't emphasise enough how far ahead of everyone else on the pitch he looked on Monday.

Bright probably needs to be in the 1st 18 on a regular basis now. Playing back in the U21s isn't going to improve his game any further

Flatt is 22? He really needs to get first team games somewhere really at that age.

He seemed to do really well for Cheltenham. It's a tough one right now, we need him here as it stands with Ikeme getting two injuries in the space of about five weeks (this is always a problem with him...be it impact or muscle injuries, he always has at least one absence a season which is just odd for a keeper).

He seemed to do really well for Cheltenham. It's a tough one right now, we need him here as it stands with Ikeme getting two injuries in the space of about five weeks (this is always a problem with him...be it impact or muscle injuries, he always has at least one absence a season which is just odd for a keeper).

Is Flatt good enough to be our no1 goalkeeper?

He MUST be able to kick better than Lonerghan. Though you probably say the same of my decrepit cat.

Back