• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Front row seats for you Doosch?

15697627_10211603624385365_4644810740062476396_n.jpg

I don't think an evening's long enough for me to ask all the questions I have for him.

New contract for Ikeme imminent.

OUT OF CONTRACT IN SUMMER 2017
Carl Ikeme

Mike Williamson

Connor Hunte

Silvio (option of extra year)

James Henry (option of extra year)

George Saville (option of extra year)

Lee Evans (option of extra year)

Jack Price (option of extra year)

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (option of extra year)

Sylvain Deslandes (option of extra year)

Connor Ronan (option of extra year)

Who'd you keep?

I wouldn't be bothering to give Ikeme a new deal. He isn't good enough for where we want to be and he hasn't got any improvement in him. Sign a proper keeper, use the two kids as backup and get rid of Ikeme and Lonergan.

Silvio probably won't play for us again so he can go, Williamson has to sort his fitness out, if he can play most of the rest of the season and look decent along the way then give him another year, if not then don't. Hunte isn't going to make it here, we outgrew Henry some time ago (shouldn't have got a new deal last season), Saville, EEL and Deslandes aren't really up to this level so they can shuffle off too. I'd take up the option on Evans and Price - make or break for the former over the next 12 months, mind - and we should give Ronan longer than one year.

Carl Ikeme No.

Mike Williamson Yes.

Connor Hunte No.

Silvio No.

James Henry No.

George Saville No.

Lee Evans Yes

Jack Price Yes

Ethan Ebanks-Landell No.

Sylvain Deslandes No.

Connor Ronan Yes.

A few notes on what Lambert had to say at the Fans' Parliament:

- Re: the fitness thing, loads of managers say this when they come in, it buys them a bit of time and tacitly slags off their predecessor, giving them a bit of a getout if there's no immediate improvement. TWF favourite Brucie Bruce did it after we played Villa. Of course it could be that both RDM and Zenga are wasters who don't bother with fitness work but that seems a bit odd given their backgrounds and the fact that when you hear the likes of Souness, Francis, Wilkins, Platt etc speak about their time in Serie A in the 80s/90s it was a world away from England's "steak and chips after a bit of five-a-side" regimes. We also used to finish games fairly strongly under Zenga, it wasn't like we were blowing out of our arses after 60 minutes like we were in the Solbakken days. We just started like utter tards most of the time.

- I like the way Lambert speaks some of the time but that doesn't give him immunity when he does things like picking Saville on the left of midfield in a home game and if he doesn't see that LB is a ridiculously weak area for us at the moment then that isn't going to reflect on him very well either. Actions speak louder than words. Maybe he's slowly coming to grips with who's crap and who's worth persevering with.

- Not keen on us handing Ikeme a new deal, he isn't good enough for where we want to be. He's been a lot better than last season (not a high bar, for a keeper playing close to a full season that was the worst campaign I've ever seen any Wolves keeper have) but that still leaves you with someone who is at best ordinary for this level, plus he still picks up at least one injury a season. I don't want us handing out contracts to average Championship players with no improvement in them, what is the point? You just end up lumbered with them for years and end up persevering with them because they're still here rather than actively looking to improve. Go out and sign a proper keeper and get rid of Ikeme and Lonergan.

- Sounds as if he really likes Jack Price, which I'm ok with when the competition is Coady, Saville and to an extent Edwards, but I don't think he's ever going to be part of a really dominant midfield in this division. I wouldn't have him on a par with say, Grant Leadbitter who is no world beater himself and who Boro have quietly shuffled aside once they got promoted.

- I'm still not sure his point about the squad being too big really holds up, we're imbalanced in central midfield for sure - although you have to factor in that Evans hasn't played for four months and Oniangue has been missing for a while too, so that brings the numbers down - to me that's a line that's designed to tell the board that their signing policy wasn't very good in the summer so let him do it his own way. Managers will never complain about having too many good players, it's that we're overloaded with shite that's the issue.

- I hope he sticks to his word about the kids, I want a run in the team for Bright now, Ronan should be an option off the bench rather than Saville etc, ditto Herc, Ennis should make the squad when he comes back, even when everyone's fit either Burgoyne or Flatt should be the sub keeper rather than Lonergan, I think Breslin might have a shot at some point too.

I agree with Deutsch with the exception of Ikeme. I'd give him a 2 year deal and then bin him off once the improved keeper has come in rather than leave it to chance that we get one.

I think that's fair DW. I am always unimpressed my Thelwell's answers (not that you can tell) but I imagine Jeff Shi wont be too impressed as his Sporting Director threw him under the bus.

Saying Kenny shouldn't have been sacked and the recruitment was misguided. If we had left it to Thelwell we wouldn't have had Costa, Cav or Saiss and I dread to think what we would be watching at Molineux this season. The arrogance of the man to infer that without interference we would be better off is staggering. Did he watch the dross that was served up last season under Jackett?

The sooner this charlatan is binned the better and hopefully Shi sees this too.

I am glad Thelwell has said that now there is NO excuse if the recruitment policy fails in January. Last chance saloon for him in my books.

Glad Lambert likes Price I rated him from the first moment I saw him in the youth team and still do. If we are playing with 3 CM's he is ideal for the deeper role alongside Saiss with Bright pushing on.

I think Ikeme is a good backup option for the next few years until one of the kiddies are ready so in not too upset at that. Still want a commanding keeper signed in the mould of Murray.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I would like a quality goalie in.. Williamson and Silvio if they can proove fitness, Price and maybe Evans.. Ronan looks a good prospect

OUT OF CONTRACT IN SUMMER 2017
Carl Ikeme - maybe

Mike Williamson - unlikely

Connor Hunte maybe short term. Disappointed with his loan.

Silvio (option of extra year) no

James Henry (option of extra year) good god no

George Saville (option of extra year) no, and wouldn't take the 1 year option

Lee Evans (option of extra year) yes

Jack Price (option of extra year) definitely

Ethan Ebanks-Landell (option of extra year) only to get £££ for selling to sheff utd

Sylvain Deslandes (option of extra year) no

Connor Ronan (option of extra year) definitely

Back