• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Surely you interview the candidates that you are genuinely interested in, not some that you are interested in and some that you are not interested in but forced to interview, to tick a box. By having to have a token 'immigrant' just draws attention to the pathetic rules that have crept into our sceptred Isle, over the last few years. It's no wonder that the 'great unwashed' (and beyond) are rushing into the arms of the far right. Ridiculous!

The state of this post, really?

Because if you are black or from an ethnic minority you are an 'immigrant'? - its shit views like this that result in positive discrimination being necessary

Indeed

Surely you interview the candidates that you are genuinely interested in, not some that you are interested in and some that you are not interested in but forced to interview, to tick a box. By having to have a token 'immigrant' just draws attention to the pathetic rules that have crept into our sceptred Isle, over the last few years. It's no wonder that the 'great unwashed' (and beyond) are rushing into the arms of the far right. Ridiculous!

b09cbf46b75b6ced613de1ef5bde5cef.gif

And you're a teacher ?????????

By having to have a token 'immigrant' just draws attention to the pathetic rules that have crept into our sceptred Isle, over the last few years.

Where was Ince born? (I know he lives in Cloud Cuckoo Land but pretty sure he wasn't born there)

Personally I think it's a bit rich for anyone to claim that there's really nothing in the racial discrimination argument when it comes up consistently and pervasively and the raw numbers bear it out.

As they say, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Absolute storm in a teacup for me, and very disappointing report from SPTT, in my opinion. To coin a phrase, "political correctness gone mad".

Wolves seem eager to stress we "volunteered" to be a part of the recruitment code. And if this is the hassle it's going to cause each & every time we recruit a new coach/manager, if I were in a position of authority within the club, I'd be volunteering ourselves back off it.

For a club who employee hundreds of black & ethnic minority candidates across a whole host of positions (from Tony Daley as Fitness Coach to the players themselves to the guys/girls in the ticket office), to have a report like this leveled at the club, is very disappointing.

To put it simply, it's literally that the best candidates for the position of manager happen to white. Should there have been a BAME candidate out there who was both suitable and capable of gaining promotion to the Premier League, there is absolutely no way we wouldn't have (at the very least) interviewed said candidate - and he/she would have had the exact same opportunity as everyone else.

That is a good article. Regardless of the author.....

Absolute storm in a teacup for me, and very disappointing report from SPTT, in my opinion. To coin a phrase, "political correctness gone mad".

Wolves seem eager to stress we "volunteered" to be a part of the recruitment code. And if this is the hassle it's going to cause each & every time we recruit a new coach/manager, if I were in a position of authority within the club, I'd be volunteering ourselves back off it.

For a club who employee hundreds of black & ethnic minority candidates across a whole host of positions (from Tony Daley as Fitness Coach to the players themselves to the guys/girls in the ticket office), to have a report like this leveled at the club, is very disappointing.

To put it simply, it's literally that the best candidates for the position of manager happen to white. Should there have been a BAME candidate out there who was both suitable and capable of gaining promotion to the Premier League, there is absolutely no way we wouldn't have (at the very least) interviewed said candidate - and he/she would have had the exact same opportunity as everyone else.

SPTT aren't criticising us for appointing a white manager. They are critical of the fact that we were very eager to volunteer and then literally at first opportunity ignored it. Was Zenga the best candidate? Was there a transparent interview process? Obviously not. the point of the report is about the disconnect between BAME plasters ans BAME senior coaches and people in positions of power, so to say, we have had loads of black and ethnic minority players and people in the ticket office is missing the point.

I don't understand why there is such an issue with people being critical of the fact that a minority of people are clearly disadvantaged. Why is it wrong to be passionate about equality and diversity? That's not 'political correctness gone mad'

SPTT aren't criticising us for appointing a white manager. They are critical of the fact that we were very eager to volunteer and then literally at first opportunity ignored it. Was Zenga the best candidate? Was there a transparent interview process? Obviously not. the point of the report is about the disconnect between BAME plasters ans BAME senior coaches and people in positions of power, so to say, we have had loads of black and ethnic minority players and people in the ticket office is missing the point.

I don't understand why there is such an issue with people being critical of the fact that a minority of people are clearly disadvantaged. Why is it wrong to be passionate about equality and diversity? That's not 'political correctness gone mad'

I have far more of an issue that bodies want to categories people. Is it just me that cringes everytime I read BAME?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being passionate about equality and diversity.

This simply boils down to the fact the best candidate out there happened to be a 47 year old white Glaswegian. Not, that Wolves didn't fancy employing a manager because his skin colour didn't fit.

The Zenga situation has already been clarified. That was down to existential circumstances due to the takeover.

Massive storm in a teacup & unfortunately, a sign of the times we live in that there are people falling over themselves to be offended by this.

I've seen a number of articles wherein Dwight Yorke is claiming racism because he didn't get an interview for the Villa job and how he feels he should of got the job ahead of Bruce... "I've done my badges!"

How about he takes a lead from Kieth Curle who has done his badges but started at a lower level in order to gain experience and then progress? Is THAT too much to ask instead of a feeling that because he is an ex Villa player he should have preference over a manager with a proven record?

SPTT missed the point on the appointment of Walter though.

1) Fosun didn't sign Wolves up to it
2) New owners and the appointment of their 1st manager was done outside of a normal recruitment process
3) When a normal process was in place, Fosun honoured the voluntary agreement.

If the EFL could see there was no issue regarding the hiring of Walter. then SPTT should have. To me it just screams of a cheap shot to help their cause. They have the right to be annoyed but they don't have the right to ignore facts and try and put the club in a bad light.

If I was Fosun I would be pulling out of the agreement on the back of the report. There are ways and means to try and implement a fairer system but how they have decided to approach it is wrong.

Pretty sure ending this agreement would be bad publicity...

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being passionate about equality and diversity.

This simply boils down to the fact the best candidate out there happened to be a 47 year old white Glaswegian. Not, that Wolves didn't fancy employing a manager because his skin colour didn't fit.

The Zenga situation has already been clarified. That was down to existential circumstances due to the takeover.

Massive storm in a teacup & unfortunately, a sign of the times we live in that there are people falling over themselves to be offended by this.

Again, I am not saying that Lambert wasn't the best available candidate. Wolves went through a more transparent interview process on this occasion than the one before. I think Stewart Lee (the youtube link I posted) articulates it better than me about people who say 'political correctness gone mad'.

I have far more of an issue that bodies want to categories people. Is it just me that cringes everytime I read BAME?

Unfortunately it isn't these bodies that have 'categorised' people. That is something that has been around for a long, long time. If we were all to be 'race-neutral' now the disadvantages that exist at the moment would just perpetuate, so it is too late for that, if that makes sense.

I've seen a number of articles wherein Dwight Yorke is claiming racism because he didn't get an interview for the Villa job and how he feels he should of got the job ahead of Bruce... "I've done my badges!"

How about he takes a lead from Kieth Curle who has done his badges but started at a lower level in order to gain experience and then progress? Is THAT too much to ask instead of a feeling that because he is an ex Villa player he should have preference over a manager with a proven record?

Well, you get people who make unhelpful comments such as this but should we let our view of this situation by judged by Dwight Yorke expecting to get a job like that? Frank Lampard has just made a big deal about how players with over 50 England caps shouldn't have to do their badges but that hasn't been brought up

SPTT missed the point on the appointment of Walter though.

1) Fosun didn't sign Wolves up to it
2) New owners and the appointment of their 1st manager was done outside of a normal recruitment process
3) When a normal process was in place, Fosun honoured the voluntary agreement.

If the EFL could see there was no issue regarding the hiring of Walter. then SPTT should have. To me it just screams of a cheap shot to help their cause. They have the right to be annoyed but they don't have the right to ignore facts and try and put the club in a bad light.

If I was Fosun I would be pulling out of the agreement on the back of the report. There are ways and means to try and implement a fairer system but how they have decided to approach it is wrong.

This I understand. And Wolves have moved to clarify it with the EFL, perhaps the EFL did not inform the SPTT of this before they published their report.

What a load of bollocks. In any business you hire the best person for the given job. You don't waste time interviewing people who don't have the necessary ability/qualifications just because they fit a certain 'colour/ethnic' criteria.

Back