• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

The only thing that would worry me is burnout. Most of our players are fairly interchangeable at the moment. The exceptions being Ikeme who will be doing different work anyway and Bod. I hope given the Summer he has had we are looking after him as he already is pivotal to the way we play and the only one capable of it whilst Dicko is still working his way back.

They're supposed elite athletes. Or ought to be aiming to be. I find this attitude insulting if true. I also doubt they're doing six hours conditioning six days a week as opposed to drills, tactics, video analysis etc etc. Dissenters ought to be bombed out of the squad sharpish.

Suppose it depends if this is a short term necessity after no real first team pre season or whether this is the way Zenga always works.

Though just moaning in public isn't the way to deal with it

It would be interesting to know who the whinges are. I wouldn't be surprised if those whinges are elsewhere come September 2nd.

It's pretty simple for me. If you would rather play for Kenny Jackett, Joe Gallen & Jez Moxey over Walter Zenga, Stefano Cusin, Andrea Butti & Fosun then I don't want you at Wolves. This is a fantastic opportunity for some of our pre-Fosun players to be a part of something special. If they don't have the drive to step up then they have no business representing our club.

Niall Ennis back in England squad,

Goalkeepers: Ellery Balcombe (Brentford), Ryan Sandford (Millwall), Jared Thompson (Chelsea)

Defenders: Tolaji Bola (Arsenal), Jaden Brown (Tottenham Hotspur), Jonathan Dinzeyi (Tottenham Hotspur), Morgan Feeney (Everton), Ahogrenashinme Kigbu (Manchester City), Jordan Williams (Huddersfield Town)

Midfielders: Dennis Adeniran (Fulham), Sadou Diallo (Manchester City), Andre Dozzell (Ipswich Town), Marcus McGuane (Arsenal), Mason Mount (Chelsea)

Forwards: Niall Ennis (Wolverhampton Wanderers), George Hirst (Sheffield Wednesday), Jonathan Leko (West Bromwich Albion), Ben Morris (Ipswich Town), Reiss Nelson (Arsenal)

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2016/aug/u18s-squad-named-for-italy-and-israel-230816

It's pretty simple for me. If you would rather play for Kenny Jackett, Joe Gallen & Jez Moxey over Walter Zenga, Stefano Cusin, Andrea Butti & Fosun then I don't want you at Wolves. This is a fantastic opportunity for some of our pre-Fosun players to be a part of something special. If they don't have the drive to step up then they have no business representing our club.

well_done_sir.gif

Can't say where it's come from, but some of our players are a little pissed off that they now have to train for 6 hours a day and haven't had a day off where they trained for 2 hours a day and had a number of days off under Jackett.

Didn't Walt give them a day off last Thursday? There was a tweet about it

They had a day off after the Blues game.

Rare for a team to have a Thursday off. Usual day off is Wednesday.

Urghh team in the same league away and probably the longest trip possible. Deep joy.

We play v Newcastle on the Saturday before as well. Extra long weekend in Geordieland anyone?

They had a day off after the Blues game.

Rare for a team to have a Thursday off. Usual day off is Wednesday.
Did they?...Didnt Walt mention something post match about sunday training?,sure i heard it.

Fair play to anyone who goes to both games, have a feeling it'll be two very different teams for both games.

We play v Newcastle on the Saturday before as well. Extra long weekend in Geordieland anyone?
WZ might well keep the team up there to train the Sun, Mon & Tues before the game. Doubt it'll get picked for TV.

He said something along the lines of them coming in happy for training on sunday.
Thought it was a bit harsh after a win.

Back