• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Before this turns in to another Johnny v EP epic battle - I think he just means he wasn't happy with Dalrymple leaving and looking back, that was one of the earlier occasions where we can see things weren't quite right behind the scenes (Shi gotta Shi).

For what it's worth, I know there were a lot of people disappointed with the way Dalrymple left - all very cloak & dagger at the time - and he's one of the popular figures I was alluding to in my post earlier on today about Jeff Shi.

Dalrymple had zero say on footballing affairs so while it was a move which damaged the connection between club and fans, it's made absolutely zero difference to all the stupid decisions regarding playing and coaching staff, which is ultimately all that matters.

I'm pretty sure Advanced Search on here allows searching for specific poster's posts in a defined time period.

Dalrymple had zero say on footballing affairs so while it was a move which damaged the connection between club and fans, it's made absolutely zero difference to all the stupid decisions regarding playing and coaching staff, which is ultimately all that matters.
But it showed that Shi was a dick. Dalrymple was great for the club, and again Shi didn't like that he was getting credit Shi felt he deserved.

Before this turns in to another Johnny v EP epic battle - I think he just means he wasn't happy with Dalrymple leaving and looking back, that was one of the earlier occasions where we can see things weren't quite right behind the scenes (Shi gotta Shi).

For what it's worth, I know there were a lot of people disappointed with the way Dalrymple left - all very cloak & dagger at the time - and he's one of the popular figures I was alluding to in my post earlier on today about Jeff Shi.
That's not the same as saying it was the beginning of the end and foreshadowing where we are now.

That's just rubbish.

Agreed, but it was an early sign of Jeff Shi being an egotistical prick and basically removing each and every useful person at the club one by one.

Or as Jeff likes to refer to them... "obstacles that get more credit than me"

Agreed, but it was an early sign of Jeff Shi being an egotistical prick and basically removing each and every useful person at the club one by one.

Or as Jeff likes to refer to them... "obstacles that get more credit than me"
I don't think anybody disputed that at all and I would say most thought it was odd, particularly because we were so successful at that time.

Beginning of the end? That's just rubbish, not a single person thought that, not even you and you're the most pessimistic poster I know!

But it showed that Shi was a dick. Dalrymple was great for the club, and again Shi didn't like that he was getting credit Shi felt he deserved.
I'll join Jinky in the UN peacekeeper role.
You wrote that you said, reading like you did so at the time, in the moment, that when Dalrymple left that you foresaw a decline of the club.

What I think you meant was, in hindsight you can trace the decline back to that - which I agree with.

When his departure was announced the general view was that's a bit of a strange move, on the face of things going sideways to a sport that pays less, but there must be a personal reason why he wants to go back south. Shame as he came across well. You'd be unique outside of probably anyone inside the club to see it as the first step to where we are today at the time

Back