• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Money man defending the money men. Who'd have thunk it.

everyone looking forward to the Money Shop's fan initiatives? It's what Ryan McKnight would expect of us.

I have signed the petition, and also won't be buying any shirt with them on. Will also be sending the club an email.
It's not the end of the world, just doesn't sit right with me.

TimII is now running with it and has 872 people who have signed. The Moxey won't be for turning, but if the E&S do their job properly it should at least make him squirm a bit.

He's running an interview with Jez today after he spoke to him yesterday.

Exactly what BillyDee said. Perfectly legal, but just doesn't feel right or comfortable. If footballers are role models then so are football clubs

Just don't buy the shirt. Fairly simple really and probably far more effective than a petition. Wolves aren't going to tear up a three year contract.

The Money Shop will be delighted with the attention that the announcement is receiving. A feature On Radio WM this morning, online debates, petitions and a possible boycott of purchasing shirts.

At the end of the day I would think that they are more interested in the national exposure of the shirts with their names being on live TV rather than whether it looks good on a middle aged bald bloke.

Just don't buy the shirt. Fairly simple really and probably far more effective than a petition. Wolves aren't going to tear up a three year contract.

Or do both...

Of course it's not going to make them tear up the contract (although it worked for Bolton) but it wont do any harm either. All you need to do is fill in your name & email address. Takes literally 2 seconds.

Not that happy about it really but I've had a shirt every season for as long as I can remember and never paid any attention to what's printed on the front, so I'll probably get one.

Don't worry guys, the logo will probably peel off anyway...

Roughly 20k a week turn up to Molineux to support the team on a weekly basis (I know that number has wavered recently but it's around that) - and less than a thousand people have currently signed that petition.

Nothing will change. I also feel a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon and the reality is they couldn't give a toss who sponsors us - so long as the team does well.

My personal opinion is, it isn't a fantastic choice of sponsor - but it is what it is. And the reaction that has followed is a storm in a teacup.

Roughly 20k a week turn up to Molineux to support the team on a weekly basis (I know that number has wavered recently but it's around that) - and less than a thousand people have currently signed that petition.

Nothing will change. I also feel a lot of people are jumping on the bandwagon and the reality is they couldn't give a toss who sponsors us - so long as the team does well.

My personal opinion is, it isn't a fantastic choice of sponsor - but it is what it is. And the reaction that has followed is a storm in a teacup.

Where were those 20000 dissenting voices when they started sponsoring a stand 6 years ago?

I get that people find these sort of companies unsavoury and don't want to be associated but this tie up with the money shop isn't new to Wolves, there are plenty of these fans complaining who go to Molineux for every game but I've never heard any of them quibble about this sponsor before now, are they only bothered now because it's more visible to outsiders? Were they not outraged by this 'dirty' money and dishonourable association as long as it was able to be kept a relative secret?

Where were those 20000 dissenting voices when they started sponsoring a stand 6 years ago?

Exactly. People grumbling for the sake of having a moan.

If the team get off to a good start next season, no one will care about the sponsor.

In fairness when they started sponsoring the Jack Harris I didn't know who or what they were and didn't really pay much attention. This was before Wonga and the notoriety that pay day loans now gets. As for not buying the shirt, no I won't, but I'll have to explain to an 8 year old that he can't have the latest top because the club have made yet another in an endless line of shitty decisions, which I'd rather not have to do.

In fairness when they started sponsoring the Jack Harris I didn't know who or what they were and didn't really pay much attention. This was before Wonga and the notoriety that pay day loans now gets. As for not buying the shirt, no I won't, but I'll have to explain to an 8 year old that he can't have the latest top because the club have made yet another in an endless line of shitty decisions, which I'd rather not have to do.

Pretty sure some of the junior shirts in the past have been available without the sponsor on? Could be wrong.

Pretty sure some of the junior shirts in the past have been available without the sponsor on? Could be wrong.
The Sporting Bet one was but I think that was a legal thing. Perhaps that might be Jez's concession. As I said yesterday I'm not outraged by it I just think it's crass and classless.

Back