• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

He's a very strange man who seems to be having the time of his life. No idea why his videos get views.
Yeah he's harmless and loving life, no issues with him.

But his content is so poor, yet he's the most watched Wolves vlogger!

Could we be set for our first ever XI in a league game with no English players coming soon?

Coady started every single game in 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 barring Southampton at home in 2020 (he had Covid) but Kilman played.

Kilman in turn started every single game in 2022/23 and 2023/24 bar Everton at home in 2023, and Bentley and Dawson played.

You could easily see us lining up in an early season game with:

----------------------------Sa (POR)-------------------------

Semedo (POR)-------Mosquera (COL) ----Toti (POR)----Ait-Nouri (ALG)

-----------------Lemina (GAB)-----J Gomes (BRA)------------------

-----------R Gomes (POR)----Cunha (BRA)-----Neto (POR)---------

--------------------------Strand Larsen (NOR)--------------------------

Or have I missed one somewhere where it's already happened (I don't think I have?)

Could we be set for our first ever XI in a league game with no English players coming soon?

Coady started every single game in 2018/19, 2019/20, 2020/21 and 2021/22 barring Southampton at home in 2020 (he had Covid) but Kilman played.

Kilman in turn started every single game in 2022/23 and 2023/24 bar Everton at home in 2023, and Bentley and Dawson played.

You could easily see us lining up in an early season game with:

----------------------------Sa (POR)-------------------------

Semedo (POR)-------Mosquera (COL) ----Toti (POR)----Ait-Nouri (ALG)

-----------------Lemina (GAB)-----J Gomes (BRA)------------------

-----------R Gomes (POR)----Cunha (BRA)-----Neto (POR)---------

--------------------------Strand Larsen (NOR)--------------------------

Or have I missed one somewhere where it's already happened (I don't think I have?)
I think that will be our line up for the first game*

* if there are no more ins outs. Obviously Neto is unlikely to be here and hopefully we bring in a starting/premier league ready CB

You know, I'd forgotten all about that.

But we still are very unlikely to have an Englishman at RB unless Daws wants to pretend it's 2012 again and Stuart Pearce is his manager at the Olympics.
I think it might be:

Mosquera - Dawson - Toti - RAN

It can't be Doc and GoN has already said we need to be patient with Lima.

There'll be a few very isolated games in the first halves of 2015/16 and 2016/17 where Doherty played at RB in a back four. Not very many though as he was at LB from December onwards after we sold Golbourne in the first of those seasons (and barely played before that) and he swapped around with Iorfa and Coady in the second before Coads took it pretty much permanently under Lambert. Otherwise he hasn't done it at club level since 2014/15, and after Christmas in that season he didn't start many. He wasn't even our regular RB in League One in 2013/14.

With good cause, he is a fucking terrible RB.

Yeah, it'll be Doherty for the first one at least. Hopefully Lima gets some game time in those first 3 though.

When will we enter into the League Cup?

Yeah, it'll be Doherty for the first one at least. Hopefully Lima gets some game time in those first 3 though.

Round Two so it'll be late August, between the Chelsea and Forest games

There is literally no good reason to pick Matt Doherty btw. Fuck his "experience". Experience of what?

It'll be 60min in the first game if Doc starts against arsenal

Back