• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Fosun Out

We can't unfortunately. We can definitely make it uncomfortable for them though. Wether there's the appetite to do that as it would have a detrimental affect on the pitch is another thing.

Follow the path they are on with squad ‘investment’ and the damage on the pitch is coming anyway. That’s their blind spot - see sticking with Bruno Lage. Then discontent will be out of control, even if they’ve replaced a number of real fans with the mobile phone brigade.

We've seen people at the club get stick from the fans for far less over the years than what Fosun/Shi have been doing for a while now. I have often wondered why that is, noticed it with managers too - years ago Wolves fans had a bit of a reputation as being impatient, maybe that was fair, maybe not but now they have probably tipped on the scale too far the other way and are too placid. Maybe it's the numbers of casual fans/day trippers and the pricing out of people that would be there come hell or high water. Hard to say.

How do we get Bhattis II out of our club?
Find someone that is willing to pay probably around £400m to get us or wait until we are in the Championship again and pick us up for around £100m

Either hoping for a UAE group, American investment group or an insane local fan who currently has lots of money but is quite keen on losing most of it.

Best hope right now, is following the Man Utd way but that is probably a tougher route.

Stuck for now, but the fans need to go for Jeff - They need to make a noise across the whole of the summer about him, relentless protests against him. Force Fosun to be aware of the fucking chump they have put in charge. The moment they think their investment is in trouble is when they will sit up and take notice. First port of call is taking the renewal rate down. Club probably expecting 90%? a significant number below that will hit home.

Well at least we are copying the Man Utd model on the Stadium maintenance

The OGP need to scrap off making flags of Robert Plant in his pants and start producing some ones aimed at the directors box (where incidentally Robert Plant will be sat, but we can leave him out of it)

That and distribute 20,000 Dick Turpin masks for the first game of the season.

Way I see it we are stuck with them until 2 scenarios:
  • We get relegated and they pull the rug.
  • They find someone to match whatever value they've put on the club to sell
Relegation I think is an inevitability, but I think its anywhere from 2 to 5 seasons away from happening depending on how slow this swirl around the drain takes.

I think we could waiting a while for the latter too, mainly because I think Fosun are the type to hold out to make as much money as possible from selling and I don't think those sorts of buyers are available. I dont think they'd be fooled by 777 ponzi schemes (they're in the same if not adjacent business world anyway).

In a perfect unicorn-world none of this happens because Fosun would just sack Shi, put someone competent in charge who would fuck off the Mendes link, and re-invest sustainably into the club as needed. Alas.

The Mendes link has been pretty much scrapped already hasn't it?

The Mendes link has been pretty much scrapped already hasn't it?

£13.3m on agents fee's 01/02/23 - 01/02/24 suggests not.

That put us at 11th in the league for agents fees with our net spend?

£13.3m on agents fee's 01/02/23 - 01/02/24 suggests not.

That put us at 11th in the league for agents fees with our net spend?
Part of the link is gone.
Relying on him to give us players that don't want to be here and we spend North of £30m for the pleasure is in the bin (for now)

Obviously having his players on our books we can't get rid of that link fully Presume we still use his services for player transfer negotiations in and out of the club.

Keiren maguire is suggesting he expects the club to have new owners this time next year apparently.

What happens with the Esports team and branding though? Is that registered in a different way it could be spilt off and continue running? As it does seem like that's a big part of their interest.

They can't be making much if anything from the eSports stuff surely? They have 25000 followers on twitter and less on all the other platforms. They'll be miles behind the big players in that space

For me they could plaster the badge on whatever virgin geek fuckwads tee-shirt they wanted to as long as they sold us and fucked off

losing control of the badge which is our most powerful branding world be a significant concern as and when these cunts do one.

Theoretically the club could license it to Fosun for their continued use as-is but not allow further usage on other brands of theirs.

Would depend on the sales negotiations I suppose.

Back