• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Thats how my game went too, disappointing first season then 3 successive promotions and hoping to make it 4.

I cleared out nearly all of the deadwood in pre-season. Loads of them had their contracts up and I renewed about two of them, who were okay. If I go up, I'll clear out more and strengthen and hopefully make atleast the play offs. A lot of the players are young, and should get bkeep improving

I get too involved playing as Wolves so have started in the Dutch 2nd division with FC Den Bosch. Finished 2nd in my first season and then lost in the play-off final to the Eredivisie team after winning the away leg. They have a bizarre play-off system in Holland as well it seems with teams winning play-off places through finishing top of various 8 game 'stages' through the season. One team secures its play-off play by the start of October. Did some good business in the summer and running away with the league in my second season. Late December and still unbeaten, 12 points clear. Jeremie Aliadiere up front banging them in!

I signed this young 16 year old at the end of my first season called Leon Hatch (M RC) for £10k from Corby. His stats were incredible, at least two thirds of them above 15. Only Stamina is below 10. I couldn't believe he was only valued at £1k.

After I bought him my coach said his ability was only 2 stars and 5 potential. I played him for two straight games and he scored two goals. My coach now says his ability is 5 stars, 6 potential and is the best right midfielder at the club. At 16 years old.

He's now valued at £3.2m after just a few games. Madness. Can you even trust your coaches and scouts in this game?!!

Is he in the full PC game?

If he is I am signing him for Pro Vercelli as soon as I can. Sounds tremendous.

Here he is:

qsnt_a5b_u939i.png

I've sinced trained him as a competent striker, and his finishing has gone up to 16 and his stamina up to 5. He does get knackered quickly but hopefully that will keep improving.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304269867.260456.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304269867.260456.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I couldn't see him on my quick search last night. Mind you, I only glanced as the transfer window had shut and I had a massive Copa Italia game against Genoa to prepare for (which Vercelli lost, but did not disgrace themselves).

Second in C1/A after 10 games or so. Signed Alex Bogdanovic and he seems to be rather useful at that level.

He's not on the database. He's a computer generated player.

Ah ok cheers.

I finished my second season last night and just managed to squeak 4th place on GD over Chelsea. It was all thanks to an 18 game unbeaten run that started in December and ended away at Liverpool on the final day. I also made the final of the FA Cup where I lost 2-1 to Man Utd (CL winners), so no disgrace.

At the start of the season I got Klose on a free, and Romelu Lukaku for £8m who is supposed to be the dog's bollocks - rated as my best striker (8 starts, no goals!). Also, bizarrely, two games before the end of the season, Utd released Ferdinand and Berbatov so I snapped them up on frees! Also turned a season loan for Rosicky into a permanent move for £2m this summer.

Hatch carried on his good form and scored 8 goals in 18 games.

The board still only gave me £4.5m for the new season even though I'm in the CL qualifiers. At the end of last season I had £4.5m left! So they gave me nothing!! Wage budget did increase though so I've fiddled more spending money that way.

Last edited:
I was having a decent run at promotion from League 1 with Telford, spent a couple of months after christmas just 1 win away from breaking into the play offs and at that point it was very tight and could've easily gone up automatic if i'd kept it up but as usual i had my end of season slump and ended up down in 10th, that was still only something like 4 points from the play offs. Suppose i've got to be happy with it for my first season in the league, was over 40 points better off than bottom placed Walsall and next season i've got the Baggies coming to join me in League 1, strangely 4 games before the end of the season Mick got sacked from his Cardiff job, they were bottom of the Prem, and was immediately hired by Wigan, who were 19th.

For the 2017-18 season AFC Telford will be competing in the Championship, happy days.

Pro Vercelli survived their first season in serie B pretty comfortably, finishing in 11th after a Hoddleesque finish of 1 win 8 draws and 2 defeats. My budget has been increased slightly, but I made the cardinal error of not checking my staff contracts and virtually every bugger left. I have got new coaches in and 2 new scouts, but only a crap fitness coach and physio due to needed to keep wages spare for player recruitment.

Pro Vercelli survived their first season in serie B pretty comfortably, finishing in 11th after a Hoddleesque finish of 1 win 8 draws and 2 defeats. My budget has been increased slightly, but I made the cardinal error of not checking my staff contracts and virtually every bugger left. I have got new coaches in and 2 new scouts, but only a crap fitness coach and physio due to needed to keep wages spare for player recruitment.

I too have been punished by the mass staff exodus in previous seasons, spent the whole of last season without a physio because no-one was good enough. After 2 games in the Championship i've lost 1 and won 1, i'm content with that start, but i'm massively overspending on wages so could struggle to find the funds for new deals for the players whos contracts are expiring, i still haven't spent a single penny on transfer fee's so far though.

Thought I'd bring this up again.

Just qualified for the knockout stages of the Champions League with Napoli in my fifth season with a group record of: P 6, W 6, GF 27, GA 0. Lovely jubbly.

Won the league in my third season, and looked set to claim back to back titles before Udinese came out of nowhere and stole it from me right at the end. Won the Champions League with a 4-0 spanking of Le Arse though.

Think i need to get back on FM, got distracted by Xbox and PS before my holiday but now i need to hit up the Championship with AFC Telford.

I've got 3 1/2 months of working 6-2, and now being back in Somerset there's little to do after finishing work so FM/Xbox is going to take a bit of a bashing.

I expect a summer full of gaming as most my mates, and the missus, work full time so i'll have a lot of spare time after finishing uni.

i am half way though on my 5th season at wolves on fm11 and i am 4th, and in the final of league cup. won the fa cup in my 3rd season as well as qualifying for the eufa cup, reached quarterfinals,

About halfway through November, AFC Telford are miraculously sitting 3rd in the Championship!

I've had a hideous spate of injuries post Christmas, with three games to go in Serie A I'm 9 points clear of Palermo, but I've got a superior head to head record so I've won the title.

Arsenal got revenge on me for the previous years CL Final defeat, by beating me 4-2 on aggregate in the Semi-Finals. Beat Inter 6-0 in the first leg of the Coppa Italia semi, looking to win it for a fourth season in a row.

Back