• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Yeah, Defour is a monster on the mental side of things - High teens and above where it all matters. I think I'll keep him on on that basis alone as his technical stats are reasonably solid for the role I deploy him in.

Although he is a bit injury-prone...

Beat Real 5-0 in the Champions League final.

2023/2024 over and we've won everything.

Fucking Mancini went from Citeh to Chelsea and promptly tried to sign half my backroom team. Wanker. Pay rises all round to fend off that particular vulture. He's also sniffing about half my first-team squad - I'd sell Hoilett as, even though he's incredibly consistent, I think I have better coming up from the youth side. Bale's started agitating for a move but, again, I have at least as good on the bench.

I'm not really sure what to do now. My squad is phenomenal, but I've won everything I possibly can and there's little challenge from the opposition anymore. On the other side, I've got a new stadium on the way and a good core of young British talent coming through.

I think I'm going to save it, resign and take over somewhere else and try and explore the regens as I have no knowledge of players that aren't world class.

I've resigned and Mourinho has left Man United too! I've applied to take over at my arch rivals!

It seems that I didn't miss the message for a new stadium, the board were just applying for planning permission which has now been granted!

Larcombe Stadium will cost £218m and will hold 66k.

I've got to continue with the save now despite spending last night completely revamping Man United's squad.

Finished season 16 last night.

Won our 6th successive Premier League, and our 3rd successive FA Cup. Also got the league cup, and managed to win our second Champions League. My new stadium sold out every week, and the board have wasted no time in announcing an upgrade, spending £10m on a further 7500 seats, bringing us up to 35000!

One problem though – we’re going to need to do a lot of business this year. I’ve had THREE transfer requests after the CL final, from players who have achieved all they can at the club, all 27-28.

My right back, England international
Reserve right back, Brazilian international
Right Midfielder, Canadian (but bloody good!)

All handed in requests, so I won’t keep them. I reckon I’ll get £100m plus for the three judging by the early bids. Not too concerned about the right midfielder as I’ve got another one just as good, and some good kids. Right back might be an issue though, I’ll certainly need to buy.

But also, I’ve got two players who will turn 31 next year, and are showing early signs of decline, so I agreed move for them in April, raking in £85m (and a right back who *was* one for the future!) for the two, but I’m concerned now that losing 5 senior players, who had probably 200 appearances between them last season, is going to lead to a bit too much upheaval for the rest of the squad. And, I’m going to have break some serious transfer records to get better players in.

The young players I’ve bought over the last 3 years have got potential, but unfortunately in the wrong positions. I did raise a further £60m last year by selling young players I’d brought in for a total of about £10m, so that money will help. Big summer coming up!

I was also offered the England job but turned it down, as when I applied for it in the season we won our first title I was ‘laughed at’ according to the press!

I'm going for a bit of a January reshuffle this season, sitting in 7th place but with a few games in hand that could push me to 4th or 5th, i had the best defence in the league until United just smashed me 6-2 out of nowhere, but i'm not scoring many and i was a bit short on options up top anyway.

So, i've picked up a youngish target man who was transfer listed from Milan for about £4m, i think i tried to get him on loan several times in his late teens, and a sold a one dimensional poacher than i picked up £1.2m back in the Championship, that lad's joining Schalke for £10.5m, not bad business, went and picked up a better looking poacher from Castilla too with the spare cash. Now i've got two lads that like to play as a poacher, then an advanced forward or target man to play alongside either of them, hopefully that'll get me some more goals in the 2nd half of the season.

I was trying to pick up a midfielder from Castilla too, though there was plenty of competition, he was taken off the transfer list after several clubs bids were accepted though so he rejected all the offers and is now refusing to discuss terms with anyone.

Hopefully i can find another bargain or two when the window actually opens.

So much for my games in hand, had to play Chelsea twice and United, lost 2-0, 2-1 and got hammered 6-2 by United, now sitting 8th with 1 game over a few teams that can get me into 7th again.

Got a battering off Championship Hull in the FA cup 3rd round as well, my January re-shuffle not having the desired effect thus far, at least i'm still in the league cup and Europa League, still should be able to get European qualification again too, with a bit of luck.

Instead of the usual problems on this thread with chairmen refusing to increase the capacity of stadiums, I'm experiencing the exact opposite. My board are spunking so much money up the wall on stadium upgrades that I haven't had a transfer budget the past 3 seasons. Two years after spending £17million on increasing the capacity to 46,000 my board decide to simultaneously increase the capacity of the current stadium to 65,000 (costing £30million) and build a new stadium at the same time (£165million).

I signed a young Turkish lad in the summer, he wasn't far off a place on the bench despite being just 18 so i figured i'd stick him in the reserves and have him as back up, he complained about being home sick after a few games so i gave him chance to go home seen as i wasn't using him. Since then he's come back saying he wants to play, i tried to send him on loan but no-one will take him, he complained again and said he wanted to leave, when i said i'd try and find a loan club he bought up the ol' home sickness issue again like a little bitch. He got sent to the U18's for that outburst, he's since worked his way back up to the reserves and even had a few first team games because of injuries but he comes back complaining every couple of weeks and always brings up the fucking homesickness problem, really pissing me off now the little dickhead, no way i'm selling him, he's going to stay here and suffer.

I've decided my Wolves game is now a thing of the past. There's nothing more I can do with them despite the young talent coming through. I couldn't manage Man United either, it wasn't right facing up against my players.

I accidentally deleted my Torquay save after loading it up yesterday, but I'd had a shocker of a summer transfer wise. I'm going to start again with them and see how many leagues I can run with my 8gb's of RAM.

I'm tempted by a new game, if there's an update available, to restore Wolves back to the big league.

I've just had a look through my squad, i've got a shit load of Italians, out of 8 defenders only 2 of them aren't Italian, one Croatian and a guy from Montenegro. Then i've got a midfielder and forward who are Italian too, come to think of it i've bought and loaned from Milan pretty regularly since being promoted to the Premier League, their academy must be knocking out plenty of talent.

Anyone else had to play two games in two days? - I had Citeh on New Years Day and then Chelsea on the second.

My greatest achievement was after winning everything with wolves I suddenly resigned and took over at a debt ridden tranmere and took them back to the prem and euro glory oh happy days

I signed a young Turkish lad in the summer, he wasn't far off a place on the bench despite being just 18 so i figured i'd stick him in the reserves and have him as back up, he complained about being home sick after a few games so i gave him chance to go home seen as i wasn't using him. Since then he's come back saying he wants to play, i tried to send him on loan but no-one will take him, he complained again and said he wanted to leave, when i said i'd try and find a loan club he bought up the ol' home sickness issue again like a little bitch. He got sent to the U18's for that outburst, he's since worked his way back up to the reserves and even had a few first team games because of injuries but he comes back complaining every couple of weeks and always brings up the $#@!ing homesickness problem, really pissing me off now the little dickhead, no way i'm selling him, he's going to stay here and suffer.

My kind of manager iv put loads of players who want to leave in the youth team

Nasty - I ended up having to call up a number of my U18s to rotate into the gaps left by exhausted (85% condition and below) players.

January's going to be a pig of a month - worse than the usual December fixture nightmare - as, beyond Manchester City and Chelsea, I've had to play Brentford in the FA Cup (a stultifying 0-0 at Griffin Park), a midweek League Cup semi first leg against Everton (won 4-1), a league game and have the replay, second leg of the semi-final (I'm playing more of a second-string in that competition so should be OK there), plus another two (at least?!) league games to look forward to.

I am 108 games unbeaten in the league though.

Back