• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I struggle to get shot of players i dont want/need too, the sort of players i bought for their potential but i ended up progressing through the leagues quicker than expected so by the time they've matured they're just not good enough anymore, they're still capabale Championship players but no-one above League 1 wants them and they cant afford them or attract them.

My ground will be up at 28125 by Christmas, my training and youth facilities both being expanded in the same period too, i'm pretty happy with my summer transfers so far, was going for two really expensive fullbacks but that would've left little cash for anything else so i went for a cheaper, older right back that Milan wanted shot of and loaned the same young left back off them that i had last year. Then i signed a couple of good central midfielders, one transfer listed by request from Chelsea who destroyed the league last year and another from Kiev or somewhere, managed to pick up a few other players to bulk things out here and there as well as bringing in more loanee's to do the same.

I'd like another forward to give me a different option but i'm struggling to find anyone good enough who doesn't play as a 'poacher' i've already got 2 capable players in that role and i want someone different to play alongside one of them.

I had been struggling to get another feeder club too, finally managed to get another chance this summer after asking for a club to expand our scouting knowledge, i went for a Brazilian club but the link wasn't created and now i've got to wait for another chance.

What a shithouse!

MarkDickensonNews_Inbox-7.png

Now this guy wasn't really a first choice, not a great player but he did well whenever he filled in last season and he's one of the people i was going to be using to fill in for the star player i sold earlier in the summer. Fair enough, its a good price for someone i picked up for nothing 3 years ago but its just gone August so i've not got much time to find a replacement now and West Ham aren't even stumping up the money in one go, they're paying all but £750k over 2 and half bastard years! They guy had only just signed a new 3 year deal as well.

I'm also getting annoyed at how hard it is to loan out players.

"Hi, every club in the world. Do you want this fully capped Italian 19 year old striker, with 15+ for all physicals, and most attacking technicals? I'll pay his wages, and won't recall him. What, FUCKING NOBODY?!"

+1 - I offer loads of my just-out-of-the-U18s on loan, no wage contribution and it's at times phenomenally difficult to get even an offer for them to go as backup, let alone a valuable first team player who I want them to go as for match experience.

Just nearly caused a mutiny, accidentally went with an unimpressed teamtalk when i wanted to give them some laid back kudos on a routine 2-0 win, the boys weren't happy.

In to mid December now and I've won every game so far. A couple of my youngsters are now forcing their way into my XI and it's increasingly difficult to leave them out. My squad is out of this world right now..

I'm disgusted with how much my wage bill has risen this summer, the midfielder i picked up from Chelsea is on £60k which is pretty much double my previous top earner, but having just checked i'm still rocking the lowest wage budget in the league.

I got another feeder club...Wolves! Just clearing out some shit, and raising some decent money - freebies from two years ago going for £1m-£7m. There's a handful I'll have to keep, but I'll just chuck them at Molineux with the quality lads I'm sending to clear some space. Very quiet summer in terms of first team transfers - a keeper as competition my only signing over 18, but some of the kads I loaned out last year are pushing for some game time stats wise. First season with our new ground - I've sold more season tickets than my old capacity!

What year are you in Del?

I think my stadium and other facilities will be slightly ahead of yours but i still keep getting outdone by the bigger teams in the transfer market, established players are too pricey for me wage wise and the youngsters are almost always swayed by the higher reptutation elsewhere, things are improving on that front though.

I haven't been able to add new staff for a while, other than scouts but i struggle to find ones that are good enough other than ones already employed and i dont really like paying compensation for staff.

Could do with adding a feeder club or two as well, i've only got Barnet in the UK and they're shit, my Zagreb club are decent but they dont play many games in a year so they're not great aside from the work permit loophole and i've got someone out in China just to get some publicity out there.

I've just won the comm shield in 2025. Facilities wise both are 'adequate', new ground is 26k with a roof. I've won 5 PLs, 3 FA Cups and 4 comm shields, with one of everything else. I've got a big wage spend now - £1.9m per week! Don't envisage spending much on fees though; my squad's age is ridiculous.

I've just gone into the 21-22 season, my youth facilities have just been upgraded to 'adequate', my training facilities will be finished in a month or so, hopefully to at least the same standard. About a month or so after that my stadium expansion will be finished giving me about 28k i think, junior coaching seems to be my best thing with it classed as 'excellent' but i haven't been able to improve my youth recruitment to the same degree.

I've just noticed a regen in my u18's called Juan Carlos Walton. Brilliant.

I have just signed a Selpa the san marino forward for crawley who are in the championship now and he is scoring for fun. What a buy and he's a san marino player.

I've won the league with 9 games to go. P 29, W 27, D2, L 0, GF 104, GA 15, GD 89

I've won the Community Shield, European Super Cup, World Club Cup, Carling Cup. Just the FA Cup and Champions League to go to complete my aim!

I've got a pair of English teenage strikers who are going to be phenomenal. They've got 17 goals and 21 assists between them from cup games and substitute appearances.

Are you still on a 50,000-capacity stadium, Nando? - I'm selling out every home game but making a multi-million month-to-month loss (yearly profit once television and prize money are added though) and I think that's why the last phase of the youth recruitment network got cancelled. I'll either need to sell a fringe player or two (not many of them after a purge over the Summer) in January to fill the coffers or get some good cup runs and money in that way.

Oh, and I haven't lost in the league for ninety-three games.

Yes. But a new stadium is being built, I've no idea how big it will be, or the cost of it as I managed to miss the message. I make losses every month, but make profits every year as I've sold huge numbers of players for massive fees. I've not got many to sell this summer though, so we'll so how well we do next year. I've got £300m in the bank, so even if we make a loss it's not going to harm us.

3-0 down against Man City, keeper sent off, no keeper on the bench and we walk away with a 3-3- draw!

Wrapped the FA Cup up, with a 4-0 victory in the final. In the final of the Champions League, thrashing Fiorentina 10-3 on aggregate in the semi.

Euro 2024 coming up too, can I win everything for club and country?

Also, is anybody else's hall of fame buggered? Mine says I've only won 3 domestic titles etc etc. I should be rivalling Fergie now!

Still ploughing on in 2017-2018. Currently 10-3-0 and duking it out with a Cribbens-inspired United. Five games into my CL qualification group and I've already knocked in 20 goals. Neymar on fire and Sigurdsson knocking them in for fun too. Signed a regen LB called Eugene Sankey for £1.6m or so and he's dynamite, acceleration of 19 and pace of 20 (only time I've seen those stats in the game) and solid stats all over the place - Bought him as backup to Bernal but the latter started agitating for a move and a huge pay rise so I flogged him to Barcelona for £15m, a year after buying him for £11.25m.

Got half an eye on selling a few aging players in the summer too, though do I cash in on captain Defour who is knocking on 30?

Also, is anybody else's hall of fame buggered? Mine says I've only won 3 domestic titles etc etc. I should be rivalling Fergie now!

Have you transferred your save over from anywhere? If so, did you transfer the hall of fame file with it too? Cause that what it sounds like, loads of people have had the same problem with theirs.

Have you transferred your save over from anywhere? If so, did you transfer the hall of fame file with it too? Cause that what it sounds like, loads of people have had the same problem with theirs.

Yup, that'll be it. Cheers.

Still ploughing on in 2017-2018. Currently 10-3-0 and duking it out with a Cribbens-inspired United. Five games into my CL qualification group and I've already knocked in 20 goals. Neymar on fire and Sigurdsson knocking them in for fun too. Signed a regen LB called Eugene Sankey for £1.6m or so and he's dynamite, acceleration of 19 and pace of 20 (only time I've seen those stats in the game) and solid stats all over the place - Bought him as backup to Bernal but the latter started agitating for a move and a huge pay rise so I flogged him to Barcelona for £15m, a year after buying him for £11.25m.

Got half an eye on selling a few aging players in the summer too, though do I cash in on captain Defour who is knocking on 30?

There's a very decent Eugene Sankey on my game too!

I always sell my players on before they start to decline, but I'll be making exceptions for a few of my current lads such as Fierro. His pace is down to 14 now, but his mental stats are now absolutely ridiculous.

Back