• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

For some reason the commentary on my league cup semi-final just told me i was ahead on away goals, they dont count dipshit.

Well my game crashed halfway through pre-season and I can't be arsed to go through it all again.

I'll take over a team in the Championship on my Wolves save then.

I seem to be getting a lot of sending's off for two bookings this season, either that or they're just happening in important games so they stick in the mind.

Also regularly seeing some dreadful finished, from the whole team, frequently seeing accuracy of something like 1 in 3/4 shots on target, poor stuff.

Aha! - Frank Rijkaard feels that he has a good relationship with me! And Staale (managing Fenerbahce) likes my style too.

This could be the season: Community Shield, fourth consecutive PL (120 games unbeaten!) and League Cup in the bag, FA Cup final against United to come and a semi at Molineux against Barcelona after a spirited 1-1 draw at Camp Nou...

Well, the BS South is getting an absolute pasting from Truro right now. I've managed to sign a striker who could quite easily play in League One, and he's being fed by Pablo Counago.

Basic 4-4-2, no roaming, no creative freedom, just get the ball to Pablo and let him work his magic. I'm also focusing our training on set pieces after signing a left back specifically for his corner taking abilities and we've scored once in every game so far.

I did taht - signed below average players for the league for long throws and set pieces; big help.

Clean sweep - a 3-0 tonking of Barcelona in the semi set up a final against perennial big spenders Manchester City - A poor first half saw us two down and things looking bleak; Setting the tactics to overload from the outset of the second half and the inspired substitution of Neymar and Pjanic for Teté and Iturri early on in it saw Teté score a double to equalise. Breathless moments at both following my decision to leave the instructions to attack at all costs in the hope of avoiding penalties but, alas, it was not to be - Spot-kicks it was and Wolves scored all five with Bale sweeping home the majestic fifth.

Sadly, though, my league unbeaten run fell in the midst of six games in seven days as Tottenham beat a patched-up Wolves side 1-0.

Probably also had my best-value transfer offer too: Bought a Spanish left winger in for £1.8m a couple of seasons ago and placed him in the U18s - Real Madrid offered £7.5m plus 30% of any profit in January. Come may they offer me £11.75m for the buy-out, thus valuing him at around £47m!

Deary me, these players are bloody awful. Can't keep a lead to save their lives.

18 games played, and we're top of the BSB South with 41 points with a 6-0 demolition of Basingstoke our latest result. We're off to League One Bury for a FA Cup first round replay after a 1-1 home draw where we were unlucky not to win comfortably.

My strikers are unreal at this level, I've got 6 who I rotate, Pablo Counago, Omar Koroma, Tresor Kandol, Edinho Pattinama, Fergus Bell and Jamill Adam. Hopefully I'll be able to keep them for next season.

Still rumbling on with my game as Wolves manager - turned down the Argentina and Brazil jobs as the international side just adds hassle IMO.

Anyway, attached is a screenshot (well, photo) of one of the most spectacular names I've ever seen in the game:

Attachments

• IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 28
:icon_lol:

We're now in last rubbings of 2026 - I've got a Champion's League Semi Final against Chelsea, and FA Cup final, and 91 points with three games left. I'm a bit bored now tbh. My team is brilliant, I've got loads of money, some really good youngsters, and I'm getting it my own way in the transfer market selling 30 year olds for ridiculous money when I've got replacements already in my squad. I suppose I'll wait until I'm top of the hall of fame, or I do the old Community Shield/Super Cup/League Cup/World Club Cup/PL/FA Cup/Champion's League clean sweep. Losing the super cup on penalties means that can't happen til next season at the earliest.

2.Liga is proving tough for Essen. We just don't have enough quality at the back, and all my strikers are misfiring. If we stay up we're doing well.

Having to deal with a shitload of injuries at Solihull as i try to close in on City to steal 4th place and get my first crack at the Champions League, getting pretty tricky to piece a team together now, especially when i have to switch between European games and League ones because my squads are slightly different. Think City's superior goal difference is going to give them just enough to hold me at bay in the end, should still be good for a third successive season in the Europa League though, could even win that this season with a bit of luck.

Finally won the league in 2020. All my team is now regen players bar a couple. Carlos Ferrio and Mario Malfluery are killing it up top.

First European silverware in the bag! Beat the Scousers 2-1 in the final with a bunch of half fit players coming back from injury, finished above them in the league too, a final day draw against Wolves saw me finish just 2 points shy of the Manchester clubs in 3rd and 4th. Their goal differences would've smashed me anyway so not too disappointed with the result, hopefully i can get that CL spot next season.

On to the summer recruitment drive, definitely need a new AM, current one is old, contract running down and inconsistent. A new left back would be nice too, had the same guy on loan from Milan last 2 seasons would be nice to get a more permanent fix. After that I think I'm looking for potential, maybe a couple of squad fillers but that could be done on loan.

Well, Truro are throwing the title away. We can't keep clean sheets to save our lives.

Well i was pretty happy with summer strengthening, despite Chelsea activating the release fee for one of my forwards, but i just got absolutely destroyed by United, 6-2, on the opening day.

I've never got any answer to them in all fairness, not sure why they haven't won the title any of the years i've been in the Premier League because they're the team that always causes me the most problems, they're just insane going forwards, if i try to defend they end up getting through and if i try to fight fire with fire i get blown away like today.

I won the league again, and also defended the Champions' League trophy. I'm officially the best ever English manager, will keep it up until I've won more than Fergie or had a season where I win every trophy - I've also took the England job, so next season could have the Community Shield/Super Cup/League Cup/World Club Cup/PL/FA Cup/Champion's League/World Cup octuplet, which I've never done before.

Back