• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Annoyingly a mixture of my U18's and reserves weren't good enough to beat Blue Square Premier side Welling in the FA cup 4th round, they absolutely battered them but just couldn't get the goals, i'll give them another crack at it on the replay but make sure i've got a stronger bench to finish the job if needs be.

Hahaha... this fucking cb, I swear... dude has the brains of a twig. Look at Blackburns fantastic second goal, about 30 seconds in.

edit -- seriously, is there a "dumbass" hidden trait or something? I don't understand what this guys problem is. As far as rating he's my 2nd/3rd best CB and has high technique, composure, concentration, and decisions, but is by FAR my most error prone defender.

Last edited:
I have seen some strange goals on my Football manager. I.e Milijas scored from the half way line :S I'll upload it when I get home. It was pure ludicrus

The morale throughout my entire squad has just plummeted out of nowhere and now they're playing like a bunch of fucking morons, i'm not impressed.

You weren't supposed to show them the highlight I posted as an instructional video...

Things have turned around a bit now, cleared the team, put all 3 squads together and sorted by form, the few first teamers that weren't sulking surrounded by youngsters full of enthusiasm battle bravely and got the spirits back up, picked up a few suspensions/injuries along the way too giving me chance to slowly bring the first teamers back in.

Currently sitting 4th, 9 points ahead of United with 7 games to go, i looked like i had an outside chance at the title around Christmas but City are unbeaten in about 25 games now so i was looking for 2nd with a couple games in hand until i hit that bad patch. Be happy enough with 4th though and my first crack at the Champions League, hopefully get past the qualifiers and bring in some extra cash.

It's FA cup final day, if i dont beat Championship club West Brom then i'm going to be pissed!

You better win or else the fans will be devastated

Routine 2-0, one of my former centre halves from Solihull conceding a penalty, we missed it though.

Finished 4th too so i've got a crack at the Champions league too if i get through the qualifying round, happy days.

Finished 6th, 5th and now 4th since getting back to the Premier League, lets hope the trend continues.

Just started a new game with Lincoln City FC (GO IMPS!). I would've preferred to continue my Wolves save and just change clubs to see what happens to them without me at the helm, but I have a massive database in that game and it takes forever between days... Figured I'd start with something smaller.

edit -- Hmm just noticed they're tied for most valuable team in the division... I'll pick out someone crappier after dinner. Stockport maybe? I'm just deciding who to use by who has the coolest logos/names. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Langers and I lived right near Stockport, pick them.

Stockport it is, even though I really liked "The Imps". What a badass nickname and logo! Stockport has a cool traditional lion/castle crest though, which is also pretty badass, and are sitting somewhere around middle of the pack as far as finances/stadium/etc. Although, oddly enough, even though Lincoln City is worth 2x as much they're not predicted to finish as high as Stockport.

omg my team is so bad.... I knew it would be bad, but... omg. Most of the players don't barely have a hint of blue in their stats.

$11k/w salary... :icon_lol:

Last edited:
Stockport has a hat museum. Fact of the day.

No more FM for me this year, and I won't be buying the new one. I've played it far too much this year.

That's definitely been me... Have 1150 hours of it logged in steam this year (though a decent amount was accidentally left on over night, etc... )... Even if that amount was halved though, it's 4x as much as any other game I've played on Steam, and I've played a LOT.

Actually had stopped playing for the last 5-6 weeks but got sucked back in one night I was bored. Oops. :D

This is hard... my team sucks donkey balls and I am a terrible manager who can't whip them into shape.

Currently working on getting a bunch of players in on free loans since my transfer budget is 0 and the wage bill came in the red when I took over (which means I can't sign anyone for a wage they find acceptable).

Edinho Pattinama will get you promoted on his own.

I might go for a bold summer at Solihull, i'm struggling to find the neccessary quality in positions i'm trying to improve, fullbacks mainly, but i've got a couple of important players getting pushy about new contracts and wanting big money to go with it, though i seem perfectly able to find adequate replacements for at least 1 of them. Might ship out the fuckers that are trying to bend me over a barrel, bring in the cheaper replacements and then maybe i'll have enough money to attract the quality i need in the weaker positions, at the very least it'll give the bank account a nice boost, though it isn't really in need of one, especially with yet another stadium expansion hopefully bringing in more money.

Gooooooooodddaaaaaaammmiiiittttttttttttt............ "there is a limit of four domestic based long-term loan trasnfers per seasion for players under 23"

Wish I'd known that, think I have 4 strikers alone on loan.

Back