• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Just loaded up Fm for the 1st time in ages and I beat arsenholes 4-3 at home with milijas scoring from the half way line

Things picking up, second game of the season against newly promoted Bristol City who had signed my back up centre half, bastard wanted a pay rise to sit on the bench when he was already towards the top of the payroll, comfortably 2-0 up and then money-bags nabbed himself an own goal to wrap things up, in your face you 6'8" streak of piss! Then beat Arsenal on pens to bag the European Super cup too.

My hoovering up of young talent is starting to bear some fruit too, couldn't get the left back i desired in the summer but i've got two youngsters that i can swap between to make do, ideally would've sent them out on loan, and my U18's have started the season well, they won their group last season scoring double the amount of goals of any other team in the process, they've already netted 13 times in 3 games so far.

We lost out on the auto spot by 1 point, but we've just won the Playoff final and the FA trophy!

Enormous freak of a regen (not mine):

eBpR7.jpg

I think this lad has Wrexham right at the top of the PL. It's a fair way in, look at his contract expiry date.

They must have got lucky with some other regens like him in your game because they're still down in League 1 in my game a few years later than yours.

Sorry, it's not my game - it's some other bloke's, managing Wrexham.

Ahhh, makes more sense.

One of my strikers just came to me complaing that he hadn't been allowed to talk to Leverkusen about a transfer, and thus is now unhappy with me, dumb bastard must have forgot he's already agreed terms with PSG and will be heading there on January 1st.

Still need to find a replacement for him actually.

In my current save Chelsea is almost entirely made up of Wolves throwaways, and they just beat me in the community shield... How aggravating!

Just got my own back on United for the opening day pasting, beat them 4-1 with my new forward opening his Solihull Moors account and bagging all 4 goals, which lead to a great bit of commentary...

'This is the Bender show!'

Hopefully the first of many goals for Rolando Bender, the fans weren't happy with the amount of money i paid for him, only £5.75m, but a few more performances like that and i'm sure they wont care.

Got a bit of a pickle I'm not 100% sure what to do about... My squad is professional in nature and almost every player has some form of "professional" or "driven" nature. I have one of the top 3, if not the, best defenders in the world; but he is "very ambitious - wants to achieve everything he can". He's only 22 but is a maxed out 4.0 (very rare at this stage), already worth $45m, and is an utter beast on field.

Problem is, at least half of the team under their information tab has "Hopes Angelo's attitude changes soon", or something along those lines. I've worked hard to make the team all similar in nature and the squad harmony bar is usually sitting around 80-90%. Not sure how big of a deal this one player is. I'd get an absolute fortune if I sold him, but he does well for me and I'm not sure how much of a difference he really makes.

Good news at least is there are a dozen 3.5 potential defenders, with several almost maxed out... Worst case scenario my defense would still be good.

Last edited:
That's been the policy so far-- the team has complained about him for about 2 seasons straight now. Figured it was worth asking about though.

I'm annoyed that I didn't have the foresight to buy a veteran for tutoring while I had the chance, or make use of what I had. Ever since 3 season into the game my team has been almost entirely under 23 so I would've had to bring someone in, and by the time I realized his nature might be a problem there wasn't a single player I could buy capable of tutoring.

I've got 23 year olds tutoring my players. It's all to do with appearances rather than age. Anybody with high determination and work rate is great for tutoring.

Yes exactly... the players have to be at least 23 and be better at the skill than the player they're tutoring. There isn't a player on the planet that fits these for my guy.

You won't be able to tutor him anyway if he's been playing games regularly for you. It cuts off after a certain number of appearances, not sure how many though.

Back