• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Edinho Pattinama will get you promoted on his own.

That player doesn't exist in my game.

3 games into the season, 0 points, even though I've been predicted to win every single game...

The exodus has begun.

Sold a Spanish midfielder to Villa for £10m, i'd picked him up on a free last summer and he hadn't held down a regular place, now about to flog another centre mid to United for £23.5m, he's been a mainstay in the side since i signed him in the summer after being promoted but he only has one year left on his deal and wants to more than double his money.

Could do with gearing my recruitment towards replacements now as i've mainly being eyeing up defenders with the possibility of offloading another big hitter from the back.

My first suspension! hi5's all around. Talked smack about refs in consecutive matches and now have to serve a 1 game suspension.

That player doesn't exist in my game.

3 games into the season, 0 points, even though I've been predicted to win every single game...

The surname might not be absolutely correct, just try Edinho.

The surname might not be absolutely correct, just try Edinho.

I already tried that, actually. Only two strikers that would fit in my degree of suckiness, and neither would take my available wage.

"Southports six games without winning is a new Blue Square Bet Premier Record". :icon_lol:

7 games 2 points fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you

Just got my first Stockport win! 5-3 thrashing of the 4th placed team in the table. Both goals were late, and one was an OG.

I took about 30 minutes before the game to evaluate all of my players, double check tactics, and apparently got them how I want them. Then again, I got the "tactical mastermind" or whatever press heading though, so that may have been a bigger help than my selections...

edit -- I was also sober. I've pretty much been drunk since starting this new game. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
I fear i'm going to regret my bold summer transfer policy, struggling to find adequate CM's at the right price.

Hot streak with stockport, currently find myself in 5th place. Still extremely annoyed that my absolute best player was already loaned out (can't recall) and I can't seem to do ANYTHING with new signings. They are available, sitting right there... but the way the finances are when I took over are completely screwed, and nothing but 6.30.2012 is going to fix it so I can completely redo the roster. I'll end up releasing at least of the squad and replacing them with better players for half the wage.

I cant make any new siging because of my wage budget!

I've got plenty of spare cash in the transfer budget from selling players but they didn't expand my wage budget much this summer so my first two new arrivals have maxed it out and the slider is already all the way over to wages!

Can you not just ask the board? Unless they're being megaflanges they should extend it if you've got plenty of cash in the bank.

Can you not just ask the board? Unless they're being megaflanges they should extend it if you've got plenty of cash in the bank.

I'm going to give it a crack, they can be very hit and miss with requests though, can turn down and increased investment in junior coaching one week then decide to redo both youth and training facilities the next, i think the club accountant has split personalities.

I've got 600k in the bank and they won't expand mine... The wage bill is $14k/w with a $10k/w maximum. Haven't given in to any of my requests so far, rather annoying.

The only players I've been able to sign are no-contract players and 2-3 others on $125/w.

Steam seems to be infected with some sort of Malware so i'm unable to launch FM, kick in the nads.

Non contract terms are the best way in the lower leagues anyway, T3ch. After I got promoted with Truro, my wage bill was halved.

I hated the non-contracts with Solihull, got as many people as possible on proper deals as early as possible after losing a few decent players for nothing early on, always manage to sell people on for a £0 fee when they became surplus to requirements if no-one was willing to give me any money.

They're perfect for filling you're squad up with. Sign an XI with your wage budget then you only pay more when the non-contract players make appearances.

I cant remember ever really having a problem with lack of funds at that level, always seemed to find plenty of kids willing to pay for peanuts that were more than good enough, had more of a problem when i got the Championship on a very small budget trying to pick up big egos that had dropped from the academies at United, Chelsea, etc. They'd been on more money as youth players in the big clubs than i could afford to pay my very best players.

Back