• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

I'm definitely having a problem with funds at that level... Problem is I just haven't found many non-contract players worth bringing in yet. In fairness though, I only have two scouts and their lists have about 500 people on them. :icon_lol:

I signed a very solid defender on a NC, so I'm sure there's another guy or two out there worth grabbing. Just gotta let my poor staff catch up with my requests.

I was sitting 14th in the premier league. Chelsea needed a manager. I was favourite for the Job, Applied and resigned after the board sent an ultimatum. I quit then Chelsea appointed McLeish. So don't listen to hype is the best advice I have.

No wonder i was having trouble with my wages, i've got 3 players in my reserves that are on £44k a week and they haven't played a single first team game between them, 2 of them haven't even qualified for a work permit yet, what the fuck was my assistant thinking?! He's no longer responsible for looking after the reserve's contracts.

Blargh... my only useful striker is out for 2-3 months and the loan/free window just closed. My team has been crappier lately as it is without this blow... Hopefully I can manage to stay in the top few spots until the january window.

Last edited:
Think i'm going to have a hard time shifting the players that my assistant stupidly stuck on big money in the reserves, one is a shite keeper, he'll soon have his work permit so i'll try and flog him, i'll take anything really just to get him off the books, then there's a decent centre half but he's never worth the money he's on, probably could've got some decent money for him if it weren't for the crazy wages. The other one i want to keep, he's pretty young and he could be a decent player for me in a year or two but i cant see any way of getting him down from that ridiculous wage so i might have to sell him just to free up the budget a little.

Fucking Greeks have no idea about money, thank fuck that assistant's contract is up at the end of the season, he'll be getting replaced.

My Champions League squad is weak, the stipulation of 4 academy players and 4 home grown has really screwed me, none of the better youth prospects i've signed have been at the club long enough yet to classify in either category so i'm having to stick useless lumps that i signed for potential back in the Champions just to meet the quota. Means i'm having to leave a few first team players out to make the space too so as soon as i pick up a couple of injuries i have to swap things around and then field an almost pointless bench too, at least i drop back into the Europa League if/when i fail in the group stages dont i? Then i think a few decent youngsters will have been around long enough to classify as home grown by next season should i qualify again.

I couldn't take it anymore last night... Got into the January window, invited about 70 people to come in on trial, and spent about $150k on terminated contracts. While that much is around 1/4 of my entire budget, I'll be making far less money if I don't get promoted. Have several new absolutely stellar signings that should make the almighty Stockport much more competitive, and I'm still combing through the rest to see who will accept non-contracts. Unfortunately the team at the top of the table has run away with it, but all the playoff spots are up for grabs. The difference between 2nd and 12th is only something like 6 points.

Bring on the second half of the season!

Last edited:
FM has been removed from my laptop.

I'm going well in the league after my bold summer transfer movement, got 3 good options at centre half, some good options in midfield and i'm still getting plenty of goals even with my 2 first choice forwards out injured, a couple of the youngsters are able to fill in from time to time and make an impression too. Just a shame about my weak Champions League squad hampering my chances there, though a sneaky win against Milan had me in the top two in my group at the half way stage.

Picked up the crucial win away to Porto that i needed to make it through my Champion's League group and luckily for me shitty Rangers managed to pick up their first point in their final game against Milan so not only do i go through i even topped the group!

Time for another cash windfall and hopefully for a nice easy draw for the knockout stages, be nice to add a few extra home games now my stadium has been expanded to just over 42000.

Stockport promoted! On the 3rd lowest budget, no less... Plowed through the playoffs and, for the most part, the whole second half of the season. Taking the risk and biting the bullet on release fees for all the dead weights during the 2nd transfer window did wonders for the team. I was only able to bring in a few players, but between those and loanees, easily a much better team.

League 2 here I come.

Wolves were relegated; TC fired and Paul Lambert hired.

edit -- board are being douchebags-- won't give more than 3 coaches or scouts, won't buy the grounds, won't upgrade, etc. I suppose that's partially my fault since I blew all the money we had releasing people. :icon_lol:

Last edited:
I'm not sure how/why, but under my profile in the Stockport game, Mick McCarthy is the first listed under the "best opinion" listing. :D

Sunderland obviously trying the unsettling trick, keep coming in under our valuation in the hope the media leaks of their bid will make Fletcher demand that he is allowed to leave and cause a rift that is only fixed by selling.

On Football Manager?

I have no idea how that was posted on this thread!! I was reading the Transfer thread when I clicked reply. Fucked up forum

Just beat Barca 3-2, a late penalty slightly eased my ill-temper after throwing away a 2-0 lead, cant imagine it'll be enough for me to hold onto in the Nou Camp though, not after gifting them 2 away goals.

Lost 3-0, barely had a touch of the ball never mind creating anything, out 5-3 on aggregate.

Back