• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Football Manager

Plus, I have taken lessons from the Jez Moxey school of negotiating. If they want to take me for a fortune, they can piss off.

I've only had that happen once and I sold him. Trouble is all my players are beginning to max out in their mid-20's, so their salaries are obviously going to be waaaay more than what they were when I last negotiated with them 3-4 seasons prior.

Even my best player and main striker is only making $160k, which compared to other teams wage bills and what it would cost me to replace him, so it seemed reasonable to give it to him. I've currently got a $2m wage bill with a total of $3m available.

If you don't manage to get them for what you think they're worth, you can sell them with 2 years plus on their deals, and so get a decent fee. If they play hardball in the final year you're putting an unnecessary timebomb in the way.

If the player is really worth that much, it's worth giving into the demands and paying for 6 months. I've never had to play hard ball with any of my players, thankfully. Maybe that's a benefit with a professional squad?

So, we're romping the league by an embarrassing margin (maybe even getting 100 points!) , have the FA Cup Final to come, have won the League Cup, and just beat Porto in the semis to set up a final date with Barca. I'm fucking shattered, but you just can't go to bed when you're in good form, can you?!

529506_10151227776871679_689728899_n.jpg

:goal::goal::goal:

:disco::vuz:::zytrafumay::breakdance::Victory::Victory::Victory::worshippy::worshippy::easy::easy::clap::clap::Cheerleader::Cheerleader::happy::happy:

Great work Del!

We're in the same season, but I'm only in October. Played 10 and won all 10 of my Premier League games so far. Our team just don't know when they're beat, a 5-4 victory and 4-3 win against Liverpool and Man United respectively, coming from behind in both and snatching winners in the 93rd minute of both. I'm a tough bastard with the team though, we shouldn't be conceding that many so I gave them a rollicking.

Fierro has had a corking start to the season after not being first choice in the past two seasons, and my midfielders are chipping in wonderfully, Franco De Rosa (possibly my favourite ever FM player) has 8 goals and 11 assists in 9 games!

24 consecutive victories right now!

Just flogged ManU 6-0 in the CL Final. Man that felt good.

My European adventure has began:

First Qualifying Round draw was against Andorran side 'Lusitans' (A team full of Portuguese players) - won 6 - 4 on aggregate via the help of extra time

Second Qualifying Round was drawn against Latvian side 'Ventspils' - after a first leg at home, in which we were robbed a penalty by a certain Howard Webb, we drew 0-0 (the best result in the club's history apparently)

Second Leg panned out like this:
x0wlg5.jpg

Third Qualifying Round I've been drawn against FC Zurich, a game where less than a double-figured aggregate score is an excellent result.

Last edited:
They don't call it a "quadruple" in the US release, but I won it all the same... quite an eventful year for Manager Moore and his Wolves.

wolves_quadruple.jpg

I should probably find a new team now rather than wolves, huh? Kind of sad... I could try a season where I also win the European super cup and world club cup, I suppose. Smash all the premier league records...

That'll be the plan... but my Wolves team!! I've worked so hard on them. *sigh*

Having trouble recruiting again this summer, already lost two fullbacks i was after because they'd rather sit on the bench at a big club in Serie A than play every week for me, another dickhead picked Albion over me even though i've got European football to offer for the 2nd season running. Hopefully things will pick up when the window actually opens and there's more activity, decided to sell my star player without even bothering to offer him a new deal, looking at his attributes he's nothing special and is in his late 20's anyway, i've got good enough players to fill in for him too.

Going to be a busy summer i think, could do with two new fullbacks, central midfielder and keeper to go straight into the side, think i've got the keeper sorted already though, and probably another 3-4 squad players to cover injuries and what not.

FM really pisses me off with the wage budget at times, if you've got several contract negotations on going at one time then it pegs your budget back and starts to restrict what you can offer, even if none of the deals are actually confirmed yet it doesn't take into account the 3 players i've got leaving freeing up a massive amount of money to spend.

There is a serious lack of quality coaches in some categories...

Worcester are continuing to dominate, we're played 28, won 22 drawn 5 lost 1 in the league, scored a bucket load and conceded 12. In the QF of the Champions' League and FA Cup Semi. Lost the league cup, and charity shield, won the super cup. Move into our new ground next summer - 26000 capacity, woop woop!

I really dislike FM at the moment. Get manager of the year and sacked by Wolves in that matter of a week of each other. No ultimatums or anything all I did was sign Gylfi Siggurdson. I am now in the Harry Redknapp line of waiting for employment

Was it the same gross financial mismanagement that got you sacked last time?

I've just finished season 14 at Worcester, the alst year in our ramshackle, 12000 capacity ground. We won the league, the FA Cup and Euro Super Cup, but lost in the QF of the Champions' League to United, despite battering them, and conceding 5 goals in the two legs - we'd only conceded 19 in the league, all season. Stupid fucking game. I've got no money, because of buying the new stadium, but I should be able to raise a sizable amount by shaving off a loa of 19-21 year olds who don't look quite good enough.

I had 17 players out on loan last season, most to Huddersfield, and they romped the Championship so that link was terminated - now the board won't let me have another feeder club!

I'm also getting annoyed at how hard it is to loan out players.

"Hi, every club in the world. Do you want this fully capped Italian 19 year old striker, with 15+ for all physicals, and most attacking technicals? I'll pay his wages, and won't recall him. What, FUCKING NOBODY?!"

Back